Jimmy Page ... History of his Guitars !!!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seems like he consulted on the colours and painted at least a test. If he painted any of the actual guitars I'm sure the marketing team would be all over it and they'd be a million dollars each.
Hey Pete, you got post #8,000!!!

joff

Reaction score
Jimmy probably painted his own original guitar, because why would he want anyone else to paint it for him?...and then the 50 'Signed' would have been copied from it...that would make sense.

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score
My take on it was he did one example because only he would remember the color scheme. Once that was done the shop would replicate the colors. I can’t see him painting 50. painting just one would be a lot.
dude he dates a chick in her 20s doesn't he? he can paint a few guitars...

sk8rat

Reaction score
You're in luck; apparently the regular production version will be pre-mirrors (mirrors in the case!):
considering the price difference (the mirror and translucent finish costing more) Ill probably just go for the dragon if I can get my hands on one. I always wanted a white tele with a rosewood board but $2499 is too rich for my blood.

jimh

Reaction score
It would be something if he was repainting his original and they used that as a model.

refret

Reaction score
It would be something if he was repainting his original and they used that as a model.
I think that's what happened. The only part of the "Dragon Telecaster" that is definitely original today is the body wood. The neck is a replacement, the electronics have been swapped out, the reflective pickguard is a recreation and the dragon has been repainted.

joff

Reaction score
The neck must be back on it, because it looks like the old original dark fretboard on it.

hecube

Reaction score
Page had said many times that he kept both body and neck but that the body was "beyond repair". Perhaps he was just too angry to just even have a good look at it all these years.

badly drawn les

Reaction score

huw

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Reading the text, "made for Jimmy Page" is a bit disingenuous, as it was clearly made for someone else.

Still, it would be a nice find if genuine. Giffen didn't commit 100%. If I was going to buy it I'd want to ask him to come & inspect it with me.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Reading the text, "made for Jimmy Page" is a bit disingenuous, as it was clearly made for someone else.

Still, it would be a nice find if genuine. Giffen didn't commit 100%. If I was going to buy it I'd want to ask him to come & inspect it with me.
You could get a heck of a custom build or custom shop build for about that money.

AtomicModern

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
The reissue I imagine.

It can't be his old original.
Some say he got the original back a few years ago. That's a rumor I can't verify.

They have a Dragon tele there too, that looks Iike one of the new Fender run.

DADGAD

Reaction score
If the rumour is true he got his custom back andew
years back after 40+ years, there no way he’s lending it out to an exhibit.

pmonk

Reaction score
Unless they did the greatest restore job ever, I don't see any evidence that the 3 switch modification he did on that guitar.

jimh

Reaction score
If I were a bettin' man...I'd call BS. I'll admit I was excited to see the link to the photos, then this is what came up. It certainly looks like a vintage BB, but I don't think this is 'the' guitar. There is a serial number, so the next question would be if it were actually documented. Or an even bigger question, does it matter? Les Paul Custom (serial no. 06130

40579065443_49b38a9691_k by Jim Harley, on Flickr