Jimmy Page Black Beauty RETURNS!!

tomhagen

Reaction score
Is this true?/Anyone heard any more about this?
If true it's fascinating!! I wonder what kind of condition it is in and if we'll see it soon.

According to Gibson.com's Peter Hodgson, Jimmy Page's long-lost 1960 Les Paul Custom “Black Beauty” guitar has been found.

The axe was stolen from the Led Zeppelin guitarist in 1970.

The news sprang from a simple question posted to former Led Zeppelin roadie Henry “The Horse” Smith's Facebook Q&A page.

Last week, a fan named Sue Clement asked Smith if he had any new information about the guitar. On February 27, he replied:

“Glad to announce the Black Beauty is now back in the hands of Jimmy, thanks in part to (producer/musician/collector) Perry Margouleff. This happened just a few months ago. It was a happy day for me to see Jimmy get this back.”

While photos of the guitar aren't easy to track down, Page is shown holding it on the cover of a CD called Jimmy Page and His Heavy Friends: Hip Young Guitar Slinger, below. (It looks like a very fab, gear and groovy album, by the way.)

Stay tuned for more details about this story.

In late February 2016, it was very quietly announced that Page’s long-lost 1960 Les Paul Custom “Black Beauty” guitar was found and safely returned to him after a 46 year absence. Stolen in 1970 and returned with the help of producer/musician/collector Perry Margouleff, “Black Beauty” was a huge staple in Jimmy Page’s pre-Zeppelin era days as a studio musician; while there aren’t many photos of this gorgeous guitar, she’s depicted with Jimmy on the cover of Hip Young Guitar Slinger – a compilation of Page’s studio work prior to joining Led Zeppelin.

Congratulations to Jimmy on being reunited with his lost love

Jimmy Page Shares FANTASTIC News After 46 Years | Society Of Rock

Coldacre

Reaction score
WOW!! after 46 years? that's insane!!

hopefully someone will return my '99 Standard that a taxi driver disappeared with 17 years ago. :(

ido1957

Reaction score
Or my 55/74 LP Special and 70's Strat that were stolen from my apt in 82

flyswatter

Reaction score
The Royal Albert Hall footage from 1970 shows Jimmy playing this guitar. It's on YouTube and the on the 2003 double DVD.

corabi79

Reaction score
This was probably karma back then for all the riffs he stole.

DRowan

Reaction score

DRowan

Reaction score
Is this true?/Anyone heard any more about this?
If true it's fascinating!! I wonder what kind of condition it is in and if we'll see it soon.

According to Gibson.com's Peter Hodgson, Jimmy Page's long-lost 1960 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty guitar has been found.

The axe was stolen from the Led Zeppelin guitarist in 1970.

The news sprang from a simple question posted to former Led Zeppelin roadie Henry The Horse Smith's Facebook Q&A page.

Last week, a fan named Sue Clement asked Smith if he had any new information about the guitar. On February 27, he replied:

Glad to announce the Black Beauty is now back in the hands of Jimmy, thanks in part to (producer/musician/collector) Perry Margouleff. This happened just a few months ago. It was a happy day for me to see Jimmy get this back.

While photos of the guitar aren't easy to track down, Page is shown holding it on the cover of a CD called Jimmy Page and His Heavy Friends: Hip Young Guitar Slinger, below. (It looks like a very fab, gear and groovy album, by the way.)

Stay tuned for more details about this story.

In late February 2016, it was very quietly announced that Pages long-lost 1960 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty guitar was found and safely returned to him after a 46 year absence. Stolen in 1970 and returned with the help of producer/musician/collector Perry Margouleff, Black Beauty was a huge staple in Jimmy Pages pre-Zeppelin era days as a studio musician; while there arent many photos of this gorgeous guitar, shes depicted with Jimmy on the cover of Hip Young Guitar Slinger a compilation of Pages studio work prior to joining Led Zeppelin.

Congratulations to Jimmy on being reunited with his lost love

Jimmy Page Shares FANTASTIC News After 46 Years | Society Of Rock

Did everyone see this You Tube video of a US news report of the return of Page's Black Beauty:

Latest Threads