Jimmy Page #2 Demo No Quarter Solo Live from TSRTS

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is my Murphy aged Jimmy Page #2 Les Paul. I have been hinting around about making this demo. And some of you guessed what I was going to do in another thread. The solo isn't perfect, but neither am I! LOL I think it gives a good representation of the guitar's tone for each pickup. I always wanted to learn this solo. I think it is one of Page's best sounding, coolest solos ever. Thanks to John Cunningham at vanderbilly.com for the online lesson! I am sure that the youtube police will shut down this video pretty quickly. But as usual, I have provided links to Metacafe and photobucket as well. Thanks for checking it out.

youtube - If the link is still working, you can put the quality on 1080p and make the video full screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VejYplIREug]Trying Out My 2010 JP2 Les Paul NQ - YouTube[/ame]

Metacafe

No Quarter Live Solo Cover from TSRTS Led Zeppelin - Video

Photobucket

NoQuarterTSRTS2010JP2color_zps898d7a90.mp4 video by jimmyace2006 | Photobucket

Kezman

Reaction score
I liked it!
Nice solo jimmy, guitar sounds good. :thumb:

nicudeemus1

Reaction score
You really got the sound right! All the solos from The Song Remains The Same were so awesome.

oli

Reaction score
Right on ! Great playing, as usual !

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great playing man!! Did you learn that all by ear?

I got it from a lesson on vanderbilly.com. but the lesson he gives was done based on the original sound track which has about 54 second of extra solo at the beginning; mine is from the movie. Both the original movie and the remastered movie have the same solo which is shorter than the original sound track; the remastered sound track matched the remastered movie. I will say that I changed a few parts from what was in the lesson. I ripped the surround sound tracks off of the DVD and one of them has more guitar than you hear on the sound track. So I was able to hear things that he could not hear when he learned it. But my version and his version are very close. Thanks for the nice comments!

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Awesome as usual!!! This was the secret solo you were working on...

Great tone, and you really nailed it!

DADGAD

Reaction score
If I wasn't mistaken, I think you like Led Zeppelin..........

sikoniko

Reaction score
It is very inspiring to watch you recreate these solos. I imagine that you are quite adept at creating your own. Do you feel learning all of Pages has helped you move to the next level in your own solos?

I've never been one to learn other peoples music, my attention span is much to short for that, but in my current perspective, I am wondering if learning how others create sound, it will help me better to express my own.

What are your thoughts?

tspoon5150

Reaction score
Sounds great John. That is a very sweet axe.

Another great video and jam session.

Thanks for sharing that.

Totally Bored

Reaction score
Cool. Great looking guitar and great tone.

Here's me doing No Quarter on Strat in a bar. I had my Les Paul right there but I messed up. Gets kinda sloppy but I was kinda hammer'd.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIjwDurPxmM&list=UUz7DH1gmpBWOI80oEdEffzw&index=21"]No Quarter - YouTube[/ame]

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It is very inspiring to watch you recreate these solos. I imagine that you are quite adept at creating your own. Do you feel learning all of Pages has helped you move to the next level in your own solos?

I've never been one to learn other peoples music, my attention span is much to short for that, but in my current perspective, I am wondering if learning how others create sound, it will help me better to express my own.

What are your thoughts?

I used to think it helped me with mine; I suppose it does. The trouble is that I rarely play unless I have a project like this one - a new guitar demo and / or a new solo to learn. So I have not worked on anything of my on in a while. I usually do not hardly play in between projects. And that can mean 1-3 months without playing at all.

Latest Threads