Jimmy Page #1 T-Top Bridge Pickup

jbash

Reaction score
The Pickup in that Red Guitar in the film doesn't sound like any Duncan pickup that I've ever heard....We don't hear the neck pup in the film, only bridge and middle slots..The bridge sound really close to the bridge in #1 to me .I'm picking it's a T Top...It's. Very focused and has that "Keraaang" sound .It doesn't sound like a PAF type.
I'm picking he had 7 T On that stage. 1in #1 , 4 in the EDS 1275 and 2 in the Red Guitar..
The Duncan WLH sounds almost exactly like the bridge pickup in Red. And you are correct that Red does not sound like a PAF either. Seymours wind was never meant to sound like any kind of PAF. The 59 set was a sonic recreation (of Jeff Beck's 59). The WLH (in whatever form/whatever name given to it- JP set) is Seymour's "Super hot" rewind...IOW, he put in a new (stronger) magnet, and rewound those old broken PAFs, working PAFs, or whatever Gibson pickups they brought in for him to do his thing on- it's not a recreation or an attempt to do his own spin on any particular PAF- it's his version of a "proto Super Distortion".

Bryansamui

Reaction score
The Duncan WLH sounds almost exactly like the bridge pickup in Red. And you are correct that Red does not sound like a PAF either. Seymours wind was never meant to sound like any kind of PAF. The 59 set was a sonic recreation (of Jeff Beck's 59). The WLH (in whatever form/whatever name given to it- JP set) is Seymour's "Super hot" rewind...IOW, he put in a new (stronger) magnet, and rewound those old broken PAFs, working PAFs, or whatever Gibson pickups they brought in for him to do his thing on- it's not a recreation or an attempt to do his own spin on any particular PAF- it's his version of a "proto Super Distortion".
The WLH moniker certainly has created confusion with Page Tone Chasers , albeit not as much as Gibsons 2004 Reissues (with Eye Watering prices) that firstly didn't capture the tone of the famous years pickup wise ,but was also wired incorrectly in the production , even after Jimmy explained on the YouTube video in plain English how it was wired when they viewed it.

AJK1

Reaction score
Didn’t JP use Monty’s pickups in the last decade or so ?

Latest Threads