Jim Root

Snap26

Reaction score
I know very well that this is a Les Paul forum, but I was wondering if anyone has tried/owned a Fender Tele/stratocaster Jim Root sig. If so, your thoughts? Thanks:thumb:

dawgchamp

Reaction score
I know very well that this is a Les Paul forum, but I was wondering if anyone has tried/owned a Fender Tele/stratocaster Jim Root sig. If so, your thoughts? Thanks:thumb:

You'd better like really skinny necks.

hogan666

Reaction score
I got one.
For the price it's a very good guitar (650€ used).
The neck length is a matter of taste (25,4").
I'm more into the Gibson scale (24,75").

Watch out that the frets are nicely rounded. The first one I played wasn't that nice. Second one was great. EMGs are a matter of taste. The Root-Tele doesn't have that nice punch of a Les Paul (did a test).

But overall (with the price in mind) it's definetly a keeper.

Cheers, Markus.

Snap26

Reaction score
Thanks Markus,

I was just wondering because its a terrific looking guitar and at vans warped tour, like everybody was playing them. I think they look great and sound like emg-equiped guitars

hogan666

Reaction score
Yeah it's a matter of taste. If you're more into metal and want something with a classic vibe but modern features it's a nice match. I have the white one. The black looks too metal *haha*.

I think it's based on a charvel (neck wise), but don't mark my words. ;-)
But for the price the features are unbeatable. Schaller M6 locking tuners, EMGs, solid hardware + a nice case. Don't know how they calculated that thing.

If you have any questions, drop me a line.

--

To be honest, it doesn't beat a Les Paul...so I'm locking for a Goldtop with the 60s neck...which is sadly not available in Germany. :(

Cheers, Markus.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Thanks Markus,

I was just wondering because its a terrific looking guitar and at vans warped tour, like everybody was playing them. I think they look great and sound like emg-equiped guitars

ya i know, its was crazy, think even Day to Remember was using a few jim root strats :shock:

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
we have a Jim Root strat in the shop. cool guitar, feels good, but to me it doesnt quite do it. i have never been a fan of emgs, so i am kind of the wrong guy to ask, but it does feel good to play.

Snap26

Reaction score
ya i know, its was crazy, think even Day to Remember was using a few jim root strats :shock:

Ya, this guy (Kevin Skaff) was playing a Jim Root strat. I Like the look of the Tele better, Miss May I plays them. I just want to know if its different enough from my schecter to warrant a purchase
durr.jpg

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
yea man, did you go see horizons?

I wanted to but The dangerous summer was playing at the same time too :(
but me and my band are opening for horizons and counter parts here in mississauga in early august :D

Snap26

Reaction score
No man! I wish! Pursue & aspire is like my fav song! Attack attack was playing so I saw them! Cool maybe I'll come out! My band came 4th in the battle of the bands thing:(

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
haha thats so sick! :D
and yea pursue and aspire is amazing.

btw we play august 6th at rehersal pro if your curious (theres a facebook event somewhere for it), my band is cyprium and we were just starting out. cool thing though, Horizons singer chris consentino went to the high school i used to go to :p

wow we got off topic though

Latest Threads