Jet City JCA20H 18W heads on sale

Gloveberg

Reaction score
Damn.....don't need it......must resist......have to stay strong......

V2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What exactly is this conversion you speak of?

This has a tonne more gain than the 18W Marshall models, and even more gain than a JCM800. The preamp could be converted to JCM800 specs pretty easily, if that's what someone wants to do. As it stands, it is a hot-rodded JCM800 with an EL84 output section (much like the Soldano Atomic 16 on which it is based).

musicmaniac

Reaction score
This has a tonne more gain than the 18W Marshall models, and even more gain than a JCM800. The preamp could be converted to JCM800 specs pretty easily, if that's what someone wants to do. As it stands, it is a hot-rodded JCM800 with an EL84 output section (much like the Soldano Atomic 16 on which it is based).

Thank you for the explanation. :thumb:

Big John

usually off
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
New for the price of used. Good deal.

I'd do 3 things to it if I were buying one...(1) have BFG put a loop in it, (2) have BFG put ftsw-able masters in it, (3) transplant the chassis into a sharp looking 2x12 combo shell.

The circuit could be left alone. It's a great sounding amp as is, and responds to medium-level OD pedals like an 800.

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI,

This is round two of this amp, at that price from MF.

Round one, from folks that got in on it, found out these are NOT new amps (old face oplace and badge, updated buttons).

MF seems to be getting a hold of a bunch of old stock (some old stock, that was repaired and/or refurbished) and selling as new. First it was Bugera Amps, now these Jet City amps.

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Actually in my search for a JCA22H I discovered that Jet City is going to soon be exclusive to Guitar Center/Musicians friend, and in speaking with Jet City These should be NEW models, as they are in the process of completing the orders for both companies.

Gary

Reaction score
I had an older one with metal toggle switches that I should not have sold. I like the Marshall style switches on this new one.

Looking at the schematic, any amp tech worth his salt could mod it into an 18 watt JCM800.

Thrill

Reaction score
In for when I get home so I can gets me one!

Syrus

Reaction score
Already have one, it is very diverse... great gain range and pretty loud.

I have the JCA50H and the JCA20H, plus a friend has the JCA50C
All work great!

The fifty watt versions are two channel with a gain that ranges from half way on the twenty to a lot more than the twenty can offer at max gain levels versus the fifties max setting.

However, the twenty goes lower on the gain and does a sparkly clean too (gain low and master high).
If you try this on the fifty you seem to get a gated fuzzy sound. Dirty clean is what you get on the lowest possible setting.

Max gain is a sizzeling fizzy sound (even with presence at 0). Takes some getting used too. Think hot rodded 80s metal tone.

Takes kind to a TS9 and a SD-1 for boost -- pedals in general work great!

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Just acquired a JCA22h that arrives Wednesday, and is being shipped right back out Wednesday to BFG for modification. Can't wait to get it back in about 2 weeks.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just acquired a JCA22h that arrives Wednesday, and is being shipped right back out Wednesday to BFG for modification. Can't wait to get it back in about 2 weeks.

Dude, that amp may become your favorite...

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Now if someone would pick up my peavey classic to help pay for the mods, lol

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
I was really surprised to hear they were going exclusive to GC, didn't see that coming at all.

jimmer_5

Reaction score
I was really surprised to hear they were going exclusive to GC, didn't see that coming at all.

Doug White has stated that it is a much more efficient model for him, and it keeps costs down, so the prices stay lower for the customer. I can't explain it, but that was the reason behind the switch.

I have owned both the 22H and the 50H in stock form, and now all of mine are BFG modded. The 20H is the same amp as the 22H (headshell and all), but it only has the crunch channel. In my personal opinion, the 20H and 22H both sound good in stock form. The 50H crunch channel was way too. Right, but the OD channel sounds pretty good. Modded, these amps are unbelievably good.

My point is, you can't go wrong with the 20 watt models stock or modded, and the 50 watt amps can be modded to sound glorious.

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Actually in my search for a JCA22H I discovered that Jet City is going to soon be exclusive to Guitar Center/Musicians friend, and in speaking with Jet City These should be NEW models, as they are in the process of completing the orders for both companies.

You can lead a horse to water

I tried

I can point you to multiple folks that got some of the first batch MF sold, that were not.

I can tell you of the WHOLE mess of OLD, refurbished Bugeras, that MANY folks have gotten from MF at these blow out prices.

I can tel you of when MF had the first 'batch of JCA20Hs, GC did too, and how I ordered one, only to find out they were sold out, and the GC rep telling me they would NOT be getting more.

But have at it. I am sure you will get a new manufactured amp, that normally retails at $300-400 for under $200 from a place in sever financial trouble that has been selling old stock amps over the last several months at blowout prices.e

chef

Reaction score
"Order Now! Expected to ship 08-24-2015 " :hmm: :shock:

Latest Threads