Jcm 2000 silver anniversary dsl

staffy

Reaction score
Jcm 2000 DSL silver anniversary ???? Just got offered one of these on a trade deal, know nothing about them and can't find a lot of info apron research, I was chasing a 2525h and cab to complement my Mesa 5-25 and I've been offered one of these. Any advice on how they perform or sound?? I'm thinking that 100 w may be a bit too much for my needs , but I must admit that the thought off 100 wasps done give me a bit of a chubby!!!!

stamminen

Reaction score
I'd imagine it being the same as the other JCM 2k models. If it's a 100 watter it will be able to switch to 50w. Love my DSL 50

jimmer_5

Reaction score

staffy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll have to press this bloke for more info I think ,I'm gunna go and have a look at it on Monday , I'm a it weary of it because he said if you crank it up over 2.5 on the volume it peals paint!!! I've had the cops around here enough with a 25 watter lol. Kind of convinced myself on the mini jube but this is mighty tempting. Thanks again, I'll get back to you. Staffy.

Syn

Reaction score
I owned and gigged a DSL50 for many years. I owned one of the early british made ones. They're versatile and loud. Mine sounded fantastic, however, volume 1-2 at home was loud enough... 3-4 was practice room level, 5+ was getting silly. 7+ doesn't really get much louder at that volume (adding another 4x12 would do the job) but the power tube saturation would increase adding at bit more roar.

staffy

Reaction score
The 2525 is a gift from the gods. There is no other next to the sound of this gem.
Thanks Frozen, I was hoping that you would chime in on this given your opinion on the 2525 , you must have had that amp for a good while now, sounds like you are suitably impressed. I can't seem to justify having a big behemoth and not being able to crank it, I love my 5-25 and I think that a 2525 would compliment it well

Reaction score
Thanks Frozen, I was hoping that you would chime in on this given your opinion on the 2525 , you must have had that amp for a good while now, sounds like you are suitably impressed. I can't seem to justify having a big behemoth and not being able to crank it, I love my 5-25 and I think that a 2525 would compliment it well
It's my favorite amp of all time and my favorite Marshall. It's not voiced for modern metal; instead it's a very classic sounding amp and very chimey. It's got the old twang sound rather than a general high-gain/overdrive sound. The distortion DOES get up there at higher gain settings but overall the tone is a bold reminder that Marshall doesn't make them like they used to. It's worth checking out if you're into true vintage tones.

staffy

Reaction score
It's my favorite amp of all time and my favorite Marshall. It's not voiced for modern metal; instead it's a very classic sounding amp and very chimey. It's got the old twang sound rather than a general high-gain/overdrive sound. The distortion DOES get up there at higher gain settings but overall the tone is a bold reminder that Marshall doesn't make them like they used to. It's worth checking out if you're into true vintage tones.
Thanks Frozen that's what I was wanting to here, ya won me . Mini Jube it is !!!

Latest Threads