Jauce VS Rinkya

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Okay I pulled the trigger using FromJapan. Item payment went through paypal and my credit card. Will see how this goes.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Fletch

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
In May I bought an LP using Rinkya , no case, shipping was $163 to east coast USA . I dumped EMS a year ago because it was too slow and too many guitars sat in NY for too many days. Fedex got here in 3 days—-wow, just like 20 year ago ! . This month I bought another LP, again no case, and the shipping was $175. WhenI add the 45 comm and the 15 bs fee , I now have to add roughly $250 to the price of anything I see on YJP. And thats if its an item without the added taxes. I still like Rinkya, great boxes, good service but the cost is now so high that the boys and I hardly buy anything unless its something we will pass around amongst ourselves.

currypowder

Reaction score
In May I bought an LP using Rinkya , no case, shipping was $163 to east coast USA . I dumped EMS a year ago because it was too slow and too many guitars sat in NY for too many days. Fedex got here in 3 days—-wow, just like 20 year ago ! . This month I bought another LP, again no case, and the shipping was $175. WhenI add the 45 comm and the 15 bs fee , I now have to add roughly $250 to the price of anything I see on YJP. And thats if its an item without the added taxes. I still like Rinkya, great boxes, good service but the cost is now so high that the boys and I hardly buy anything unless its something we will pass around amongst ourselves.
That was my conclusion with using Rinkya. I went back to FromJapan even though I think their packing is not to the same standards as Rinkya and Zenmarket. But I typically am only willing to buy guitars in hard cases and use FedEx shipping. For me, that minimizes the packing/shipping risk to an acceptable level.

Lumi71

Reaction score
Took the risk and had 3 guitars shipped from FJ in one box recently.
1 with hc, 2 without. Went well and packing was ok. 29000 yen for 3 guitars in 3 days to my door (fedex priority) is hard to beat

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
I did that once......this is what they sent, it was2 guitars...lol

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Well, this is what Sendico packaging looks like. (3 strats in that paper thin box...)
Sendico Box.jpg

wulfman

ABB Fan
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did you get any free accidental relicing of the guitars with the shipping?

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Did you get any free accidental relicing of the guitars with the shipping?
Miraculously they seem ok. Each one was bubble wrapped but that was it. I just lightly tugged on the cardboard and it tore like construction paper. Good thing I didn't end up buying a semi-hollowbody!

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So my Greco EG1000 came that I bought through FromJapan. Great experience and a pretty good deal on something you can’t find here. FedEx shipping was quicker than things I’ve bought in the States. Shipping and fees only came to $117USD, packed pretty well. Hit BIN on Thursday evening, guitar on my doorstep before noon on the following Wednesday. Not bad!

I will say that comparing the Greco EG1000 to my original 74 Gibson LP Custom, it’s very very close... but not quite... “Almost” is the word I keep using. I’m replacing the hardware and pickups now and I’m actually considering stripping it and refinishing it in lacquer. Will see how it plays and sounds.

Fletch

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I will say that comparing the Greco EG1000 to my original 74 Gibson LP Custom, it’s very very close... but not quite... “Almost” is the word I keep using. I’m replacing the hardware and pickups now and I’m actually considering stripping it and refinishing it in lacquer. Will see how it plays and sounds.
I sort of did that with mine because they had stripped off the tuners and pickups and butchered the top. Is it a custom EGC1000 or standard? And what year? It might already be nitro and refinishing a guitar is a massive hassle. If it is a standard, I think the tops were veneers so you will need to be super careful if sanding that.

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I sort of did that with mine because they had stripped off the tuners and pickups and butchered the top. Is it a custom EGC1000 or standard? And what year? It might already be nitro and refinishing a guitar is a massive hassle. If it is a standard, I think the tops were veneers so you will need to be super careful if sanding that.
Its a Custom. No veneer, two piece maple top. No serial number so made in 75 or maybe 74. I believe it may be poly because I was able to flake off pieces of it over the diamond on the headstock where it didn’t adhere good, but I guess lacquer may do the same? I believe it would be tons of work to strip it if it’s poly, but painting would be easy.

I’m setting it up now to play and will decide later about stripping it.

Anyone have a spare U-3000 gold covered pickup laying around? Missing one.

Fletch

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Its a Custom. No veneer, two piece maple top. No serial number so made in 75 or maybe 74. I believe it may be poly because I was able to flake off pieces of it over the diamond on the headstock where it didn’t adhere good, but I guess lacquer may do the same? I believe it would be tons of work to strip it if it’s poly, but painting would be easy.

I’m setting it up now to play and will decide later about stripping it.

Anyone have a spare U-3000 gold covered pickup laying around? Missing one.

Fletch
Was it the sunburst one with missing neck pickup?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Sorry to go slightly off-topic but anyone know what the ideal number of guitars is to combine to keep shipping down? I have 3 basses, and 4 guitars (of which one is a 11 lbs Tokai LS60).
I think the 3 basses can go in 1 box and the shipping won't go past 20k with EMS. Not sure if 4 guitars in 1 box is a good idea, maybe 2x 2? Yeah first world problems ;0

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Sorry to go slightly off-topic but anyone know what the ideal number of guitars is to combine to keep shipping down? I have 3 basses, and 4 guitars (of which one is a 11 lbs Tokai LS60).
I think the 3 basses can go in 1 box and the shipping won't go past 20k with EMS. Not sure if 4 guitars in 1 box is a good idea, maybe 2x 2? Yeah first world problems ;0
They can take the necks off the basses and make the box smaller so potentially all 3 can fit. I think if you have an LS60 you might need to do 2 more boxes with 2 guitars in each. Set necks make creative packing more difficult. Is EMS back up and running now?

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Sadly EMS is back up, atleast for where I'm located. I say sadly because there was unlimited storage time for as long it was unavailable. Now its back up, I need to have the guitars shipped within a few weeks but I'm rather bussy atm so not great timing.
Anyway, the proxy I use state they don't accept packing instructions, it's either they send it as they got it, or they add extra protection and put it in a bigger box.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I missed it a week before when it sold for 28k with a different humbucker in the neck :mad2:. Still mad about it, i was highest bidder till 10 secs before the end but i had failed to see it was an auction without automatic extension.

Fletch

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I missed it a week before when it sold for 28k with a different humbucker in the neck :mad2:. Still mad about it, i was highest bidder till 10 secs before the end but i had failed to see it was an auction without automatic extension.
Holy crap this thing’s worth 28k all day long. That guy did a pretty nice flip. I’m new to yahoo auctions and haven’t figured everything out yet, like searching past auctions. I don’t know how to copy text from buttons to translate to know exactly How to navigate the site yet. I’ll figure it out eventually.

Latest Threads