Jauce - I am totally lost about how much fees I would pay

darkvoice

Reaction score
I saw couple guitars on Jauce and emailed the seller about shipping fees from Japan to the US.

Their reply didn't provide any shipping quotes, instead I was given this link:

Going over that page I see bunch of other fees, I have no idea if they are optional or required. Plus they are all in Yen...

Would someone who is more knowledgeable about buying on Jauce please break down the shipping and other fees one should expect to pay on a guitar bought in Japan and shipped to the US? As an example assume selling price was $1000.

Thank you!

Roxy13

Reaction score
From Japan has lower fees. Only 300 yen plus the 200 yen bank fee to the seller of the guitars, which all the proxies charge. So less than $5USD in fees. There is probably a paypal fee too.

Jauce charges 8% plus the bank fee and a paypal fee.

Jauce does the best packing I've ever seen so that is worth something. The guitars might survive a small bomb with theirs. With From Japan you are taking a bit of a chance on the packing, which has ranged from ok to terrible for me. But, I haven't yet gotten a damaged guitar using FedEx for the shipper.

m5570

Reaction score
Basically a lot of us use FJ.

There are other options. Jauce, Rinkya, Buyee, etc.

BadMongo

Reaction score
I've only used Jauce, typically looking at ~$165-225 by the time the guitar is shipped domestically to them, packaged, fees taken out, and shipped to me. But yes as @Roxy13 said I have had almost no anxiety about them arriving safely once they leave Jauce.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Don't use Buyee! Read the thread here about them refusing to ship mahogany for no good reason.

Rinkya you need an invitation these days and I don't know fi they are still asking for a big fee for bidding power like they did to me back in the day or not.

Use FJ, Zenmarket or Jauce.

Roxy13

Reaction score
off to work, if you need me text me

That was for me. Everyone else can ignore that :rofl:

Senior moments. I had one yesterday when I put the info for my new Bacchus into the classies instead of the Bacchus thread. Someone thought I was selling it already lol.

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
I've only bought 1 guitar from Japan and it was on Digimart and I used Rinkya to buy it and ship to me through FedEx.

So is From Japan the same? There's a guitar on Digimart that interests me, can I use FJ to purchase it and ship to me or do I use another company for shipping?

Roxy13

Reaction score
I've only bought 1 guitar from Japan and it was on Digimart and I used Rinkya to buy it and ship to me through FedEx.

So is From Japan the same? There's a guitar on Digimart that interests me, can I use FJ to purchase it and ship to me or do I use another company for shipping?

FJ will get it for you. If you need any help with figuring out how to do it, just PM me.

Jock

Reaction score
Used Jauce once and it was a disaster, they wanted me to fund the return the broken guitar for inspection. After many pics and E mails they offered me £100 Voucher for a future Auction and £100 payment for a Guitar that cost me £600 and was broken. Never Again

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
44741679-stop-hoarding-indicating-squirrel-away-and-prohibited.jpg

Latest Threads