Japan?

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
That's because the guitar is for sale on a Japanese auction site and these shady sellers will post it on Ebay with the hopes of selling it for a profit. They will then buy it from the actual seller. This thread will explain it better

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/sellers-on-ebay-who-do-not-own-the-guitars-they-sell.367041/

slug_maine

Reaction score
That's because the guitar is for sale on a Japanese auction site and these shady sellers will post it on Ebay with the hopes of selling it for a profit. They will then buy it from the actual seller. This thread will explain it better

http://www.mylespaul.com/threads/sellers-on-ebay-who-do-not-own-the-guitars-they-sell.367041/
Thanks for explaining that. It's something I've wpndered about for some time, rather than try to figure out what was going on I just decided to ignore guitars from Japan on ebay. They're usually way overpriced anyhow.

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
You shouldnt ignore them all together, there are some very well made Japanese guitars out there. Some are very affordable and will give some very expensive American guitars a run for their money. However not all Japanese guitars are cheap either.

Some times if you see the same guitar listed on Ebay you might be able to find the original listing on one of these 2 Japanese auction sites.

https://www.digimart.net/

https://www.rinkya.com/en

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually love Japanese craftsmanship so it's time for some pics
IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

Be it that they're Fenders, the build quality is outstanding :D

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
Given that Japan is such a big market for guitars I'm really surprised not to see Japanese contributors to the various internet forums. You see other non-english-speaking nation contributors from South America, Europe, the Indian sub continent etc. but I can't recollect a post from a Japanese forum member. You do come across the Japanese equivalent of Chappers and the Captain on YouTube - good player there!
Because they are busy playing their guitars, instead of talking shit on the internet.

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
English is a required 2nd language in the schools of Japan.

Why? Because English is the language of business.

Same holds true for say... the Swiss. They learn English as a required 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) language. Same reason. English is the language of business.

No longer. The Japanese are now moving towards Mandarin.

That is the new language of business. Asians don't care about white trash, anymore.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
*Mod Note*

Nippon, you are trolling and starting $hit and talking crap.

I'm going to give you the opportunity to shut your pie-hole.

Cool it.

Censport

Reaction score
Hey I'm a japanese! (Granted, I do live in Sweden, but it still counts! Right? XD)
No way, man. If you can't walk into a store in Ochanomizu by the end of the day, it doesn't count. :p (I'm kidding, of course.)

Speaking of Ochanomizu, I was amazed the first time I went guitar shopping there. And I'm from Nashville, which isn't running low on guitars! I remember one store that had a different floor for each brand. So I walked up the stairs from the Fender floor to the Gibson floor. And it was surrounded by similarly-stocked stores on that block. Just overwhelming.

What part of Japan are you from? I stay with friends in Tokyo every year, and go motorcycling with friends in Shizuoka and Hokkaido.

Prometheus

Reaction score
No way, man. If you can't walk into a store in Ochanomizu by the end of the day, it doesn't count. :p (I'm kidding, of course.)

Speaking of Ochanomizu, I was amazed the first time I went guitar shopping there. And I'm from Nashville, which isn't running low on guitars! I remember one store that had a different floor for each brand. So I walked up the stairs from the Fender floor to the Gibson floor. And it was surrounded by similarly-stocked stores on that block. Just overwhelming.

What part of Japan are you from? I stay with friends in Tokyo every year, and go motorcycling with friends in Shizuoka and Hokkaido.
LOL damnit! XD

I'm from Tokyo, born n raised until I became an expat

vivanchenko

Reaction score
Japanese LP copies - POS materials (luan and sh..t like this), exceptional, better than Gibson workmanship. I owned one (an Edvards) and I researched the subject in depth. The only exception that I know of are Navigators. They are made of proper wood and often cost more than many Gibsons. Still probably worth it. Would love to own one.

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Japanese LP copies - POS materials (luan and sh..t like this), exceptional, better than Gibson workmanship. I owned one (an Edvards) and I researched the subject in depth. The only exception that I know of are Navigators. They are made of proper wood and often cost more than many Gibsons. Still probably worth it. Would love to own one.
I own a Momose MLS1 STDII and it is not a POS Japanese copy like you state. Very well made

Skit

Witch Doctor
Premium Member
Reaction score
You sir have no clue what you are talking about if you believe what you wrote.

Evo8

Reaction score
I have an ESP Custom made in the same Kiso factory as Navigators. My Orville 57B "copy" is hardly a POS(full african mahogany body/neck, ebony fretboard w/nibs) and can keep up with the ESP just fine.