Janne Schaffer's '59

goldtop0

Reaction score
It's a good looking LP with the correct Beano features isn't it..........worth investigating further :naughty:
His one has a subtle wavy top though in contrast to the b&w pics we've seen of Beano which has a plaintop.
So what does Janne say about it in the interview?

Last edited:

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
It's a good looking LP with the correct Beano features isn't it..........worth investigating further :naughty:
His one has a subtle wavy top though in contrast to the b&w pics we've seen of Beano which has a plaintop.
So what does Janne say about it in the interview?
That he bought it in - 66 for equivalent of 140 usd at the time, because he had heard Clapton play a Les Paul in the bluesbreakers. He had put it to use in lots of albums with various artists and bands such as ABBA. These days he only uses it in studio and he also told the interviewer about it's current value, which is in the seven figures.

In another interview he talks about how he first saw it hanging on the wall in the shop, he didn't have the cash to buy it but when he returned with the money the guitar had just been sold. The shopkeeper felt pity seeing his head hanging low, Les Paul's were hard to come by back then, so he told him "I still got the receipt for it and the guy's info is on it, you can contact him if you want"

So he did, the buyer agreed to sell it to Janne. Years later he would hear about the former owner from someone, that the guy is now homeless and goes to soup kitchens everyday. He wanted to reach out to him but he felt bad, he didn't have the heart to tell to him that the guitar he sold to him for 140 bucks was now valued much more than that.
schaffer.jpg
Unknown.jpg
Janne_Schafferwebb.jpg

Last edited:

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
oh beano where art thou......

Snakum

Reaction score
Sounds like the Allman Bros meets Social Distortion.

Very nice hair, though. :applause:

Droog

Reaction score
The original tuners were swapped out and don't think I didn't notice the missing pickup covers! The value has plummeted, I'm offering him 5 grand and not a penny more.

:fingersx:

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
Definitely NOT the Beano guitar. I think we can put that to rest. Could JB's comment about it being on the "east coast" mean the east coast of Texas? Maybe Houston??

goldtop0

Reaction score
Definitely NOT the Beano guitar. I think we can put that to rest. Could JB's comment about it being on the "east coast" mean the east coast of Texas? Maybe Houston??

Who knows..........it's a different stratosphere with JB and others of the illuminati:laugh2:

Torshalla

Reaction score
Just watched the movie Ted last night... Janne played with Ted... and the movie shows Janne play a LP standard with a double white neck pup (not the actual one ofc, probably a reissue...). I was curious about it, being in 72 i assumed it was meant to be a burst. I guess it was :)

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
Just watched the movie Ted last night... Janne played with Ted... and the movie shows Janne play a LP standard with a double white neck pup (not the actual one ofc, probably a reissue...). I was curious about it, being in 72 i assumed it was meant to be a burst. I guess it was :)

Janne was vital for Ted's music just like how Rutger was vital as a bass player for ABBA. Lots of great hard working musicians between those two that most of the time get overlooked.

Latest Threads