James Bond...

Mr Insane

Reaction score
I am currently reading Moonraker(so much better than the POS movie).
Connery and Pierce Brosnan are my favourites.
Never liked any of Moore's movies.

tom1965

Reaction score
The Bond character has had to evolve as has the style of film in my opinion , this is due to the new kid on the block Bourne. The Bourne series came around and you could see that they were being made the way that the Bond movies should be made, and so you could see on the arrival of Daniel Craig Bond became a rough around the edges character , tough as nails. I think that Craig is a very good Bond and fits the role really well. The Bond movies of the recent past before Craig i felt were short of the mark and did not live up to expectations , glad that Bourne movies came along making The Bond movie makers up their game.

jonesy

GLOBAL WIRING GURU
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the first and third Bourne films, the martial arts work is top notch IMO and a lot more like things would go really go down...

Jason

Reaction score
Sean Connery will always be Bond to me, just having grown up watching him in the role. I know that special effects have always been a huge part of the movies, but I really miss the battles between Connery and some big evil oaf like Jaws... You know the ones, the epic 20 minute fistfights where he gets thrown through windows and beaten with chairs and whatever objects happen to be within grabbing distance. Everything is so fast-paced in the newer films and it just makes the violence lose its impact, imo.

Sgt.Pepper

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite Bond theme.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd8fOouKiLc]YouTube - Ringo Remembers Goldfinger[/ame]

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Bourne, had some good stuff, but a lot of crappy camera work. But the Bond series should not try to mimick it. Quantum of Solace tried to hard to be a Bourne movie. Which is sad, because practically all spy fiction came from Ian Fleming.

RichardH

Reaction score
There's only one Bond, and thatshhh Sean Connery.

Craig has done a fine job with the latest ones, but Connery is just..... Connery..

U can't possibly top that!

Latest Threads