Reaction score
New Bond announced:

1656689934932.png

"The Dream Police, BA-DAA-DAA-DAA-DA-DA-DAAH"

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, James Bond is a character from a book. He was not gay, he was a single white male and a womanizer. Sean Connery set the tone for the James Bond character in movies.

If you want a gay, trans or female spy that's a different story. It could be a great story and a great character. But trying to use the Bond name to write that story, is cheap and pathetic.
The problem even with that... In typical Hollywood fashion, the movie would not be a spy who just happens to be gay.
He would be Richard-Simmons-Gay. They can't do anything in moderation... it will be "make him flame".
Which of course, accomplishes the goal of making the less flamboyant look reasonable.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I'm open minded with the casting choices, as long as it's not some waify 90 pound chick who can magically knock out 300 pound dudes with one punch. It can be done right. But anymore, I don't really trust Hollywood to do anything right.
So you;d be good with Melissa?

PeteK

Reaction score
So you;d be good with Melissa?
I unironically enjoyed the spy movie she did a few years ago with Jude Law. But no. :laugh2:

I guess a woman could pull it off if they did it right. But it would have to be the right woman and written the right way.

It's like Arya Stark in Game of Thrones. They made her a badass by playing to her strengths and not making her something unbelievable. She's small, agile, quick. When she tried brute strength against the Hound, he fucking laughed at how ridiculous she was.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never read the books and I wonder how many people here have.
Even in a MLP thread about the social markup of a character casting, I wonder who’s actually read them.
I’m not even interested in them. I just like movies and prefer when they’re good.
I read one when i was under 10 years old, I think it was From Russia with love, my dad freaked when he realised what I was reading. He forbade me reading anymore of them.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Morgan freedman wasn’t THE main character of that movie or the focus of an entire franchise based on a famous book series.

When does Black Panther get played by…….x,y,z

Should we have Chris Pratt play Shaft? Well that wouldn’t happen because Chris isn’t left wing enough.

What about a female Spartacus? Shit don’t give Hollyweird any ideas.

A black Dirty Harry?

It’s ok, really it is, to have white men that prefer women as leads.

We don’t have to be offended, to not want iconic characters to be reinvented because of “THE MESSAGE”.

PeteK

Reaction score
My main thing is always if they are so dead set on giving us a strong character that is a minority or trans or whatever, that's totally fine. Start a new franchise with them. To make 007 anything other than what we all know him as is just piggybacking off of the success that the previous Bond actors built by all playing a pretty similar version of the character. To totally "reinvent" the character is just going to alienate the long time fans for the sake of trying to attract newer, younger fans.

The problem is they know it won't work to start a new franchise because they have repeatedly tried and it just doesn't pan out. Angelina Jolie in Salt, Zoe Saldana in Columbiana, etc. There's been a few attempts like that. They aren't horrible movies. They just don't have the same oomph of James Bond. Those particular movies were meant to be franchises, but just didn't have the interest to keep the stories going.

Not saying it can't be done. But they need a strong story and a well acted lead to pull it off. Don't just cram diversity in our face for the sake of making the wokistanis happy.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
i can honestly say that i would fully support Zazie Beetz reprising her role as Domino, who becomes the next "007".

it actually makes a lot of sense.

Domino = 007

we should all be so lucky...

sure i'm kidding, but it would probably be better than anything hollyweird comes up with.

:cheers2: to getting lucky!
Would!

If I should be so lucky!

Latest Threads