James Bond Producers Reveal Controversial Choice For Franchise's Future

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
Idris Elba is literally the only non-white/ straight/male they could possibly hire without killing the franchise altogether.

However if they were to stick with the traditional, Tom Hiddleston would be a good choice.

tom-h-z.jpg

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
I haven't even seen all the existing JB movies, so I guess I don't care.

Remington Steele was the best Bond.
Controversial opinion, but I dont disagree. He had just the right amount of smarmy and smartass.

As to the new one? Its a fucking movie. If its entertaining and they blow up lots of shit and wreck a few expensive cars and tons of people get killed in various ways, who cares about the genetalia involved?

But this scene wouldn't have the same impact without testicles involved

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something tells me Tyler Perry playing Bond as Madea will be more believable and tougher than who they'll actually pick.
Probably gonna' be Melissa McCarthy

She was already in one Spy movie a few years back.

Of course, her latest role was Ursula in The Little Mermaid (I guess they're making a new one?)

krauley

Reaction score
Idris Elba is literally the only non-white/ straight/male they could possibly hire without killing the franchise altogether.

However if they were to stick with the traditional, Tom Hiddleston would be a good choice.

tom-h-z.jpg
Actually he (Tom Hiddleston) would be a good choice. I also think Heimdall would make a good bond and have no problem with the color of his skin. Either way i would take these guys over "the rock" or mark wahlberg who seem to be the only guys being cast in action movies in the last few years.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Huge fan. Bond doesn’t need to be reinvented.

Any major change at all and I will not be watching. I like Idris but no.

Skipping Thor. Looks terrible.
Hopefully Terminal List doesn’t blow.

That’s all I have to say about that.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Come on now. Nobody has said JB will be an alphabet person. At least not in the links provided. I agree Idris could play the shit out of that character, but so could some other guys. Matt Smith would make an amazing Bond, IMO. Right age, good shape, great actor, why not?

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always liked Bond as far back in the early 70's when my older brother would come home from seeing the latest one and tell me about all the neat gadgets he had.
I resisted watching the ones with Daniel Craig in them but maybe a year ago watched the ones I had missed and holy smokes..Talk about non stop action..No wonder he has bowed out of them ..

Latest Threads