JamCity LP - Lemonburst / Superb guitar

fast ricky

Reaction score

This is an outstanding guitar! Old wood, hide glue, Brazilian board, beautiful maple top finished in lemonburst with flecks galore. OX4 low wind pickups which came with the guitar and are just perfect (I've tried a range of top end PUs and went back to these) - the tone is clear, snappy, chimey, warm, frets are perfect and plays flawlessly. Neck is a very well rendered "C" shape. Subtle finish checking throughout, with a few nicks from usage which very much looks the part for a guitar that was created to be played - A very inspiring instrument, it really can do it all and there is just no substitute for old wood - you can feel it as well as hear it. Just under 9 lbs. Comes with a Gibson USA case.

For those not familiar, JamCity / Jim Weyandt is a master builder who specializes in working on old bursts and conversions - his site is worth a look (he is a builder to the stars): http://www.jamcityguitars.com/

One of my favorite guitars, but we just purchased a home and have to raise funds (so sorry but no trades). This is a lot of guitar for the money, especially since I'm pricing it to move (way less than I paid) $5850 shipped / PP'd.

Last edited:

DADGAD

Reaction score
The grain and mineral streaks are beautiful!

Jingle Bell

Reaction score
Want to trade my one-off Fujigen-made Greco ES-550 to a left-handed Greco semi-acoustic SA-1200. This guitar is located on Finland. Sorry for the crappy picture. Ebony board, U-4000 pickups. Year of manufacture unknown.

Attachments

fast ricky

Reaction score
Want to trade my one-off Fujigen-made Greco ES-550 to a left-handed Greco semi-acoustic SA-1200. This guitar is located on Finland. Sorry for the crappy picture. Ebony board, U-4000 pickups. Year of manufacture unknown.
I truly can't do trades but thanks

NewLeaf09

Reaction score
I have a Weyandt LP and it's one of my favorites but yours - wow! That's gorgeous. Kills me to see you selling it for that.

fast ricky

Reaction score
Yeah me too but so it goes! I do have sound files of the guitar in action during rehearsal too if that helps anyone...

boogieongtr

Reaction score
If you notice this one has a longer tenon. It comes 1/16" short of the neck pocket route. More mass at the mortise/tenon joint gives more sustain. Look at a 1958 V tenon, that's where I got the inspiration from. This is a GREAT LP and the buyer will not be disappointed.