Jackson Monarkh Pro: Metal Machine

Max Max

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I picked up this Jackson Monarkh Pro about six months ago. Its got a mahogany body with a maple cap and a maple neck. It also has Seymour Duncan Blackout active pickups.

Attachments

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It’s always surprised me that there are very few USA models of the monarkh. I’ve been after a Marty F for a long time but you can never find them used (and im not paying $4000 for a Jackson ). A lot of people don’t care for the headstock but I don’t get it, I think the whole guitar looks good.

soliloquy

Reaction score
i really want to like these, but the only ones i've come across at stores were not well setup, or had horrible fret work. ID love to try one from japan and see how it compares

Max Max

Reaction score
It’s always surprised me that there are very few USA models of the monarkh. I’ve been after a Marty F for a long time but you can never find them used (and im not paying $4000 for a Jackson ). A lot of people don’t care for the headstock but I don’t get it, I think the whole guitar looks good.
I ordered this one off Reverb. You don't see any Monarkhs anywhere around me. I live in the Detroit area, so there are 3 Guitar Centers within a 20 mile radius plus a few great local shops that carry Jackson. I saw a Monarkh gold top at a shop about a year ago, I went back to buy it and it was gone. That's the only one I've ever seen around me. I'm a big Marty Friedman fan but the beveled edge with the binding, on his signature model is too extreme for my liking.

i really want to like these, but the only ones i've come across at stores were not well setup, or had horrible fret work. ID love to try one from japan and see how it compares
Fret sprout is something that I've experienced across the price spectrum, I've had Gibsons with bad fret sprout. The guitar tech I take my stuff too, says anything that comes over on a boat or is stored in a cold warehouse is going to have it. I have him set up my guitars when I get them, he files down the sharp frets and I'm good to go.

wmachine

Reaction score
Just to be clear, the OP Pro is not US made, correct? I know that newer ones are made in Indonesia as is my X-series Monarkh SCX. I like my SCX. Good quality and sound, but it a bit smallish for my liking.

Max Max

Reaction score
Just to be clear, the OP Pro is not US made, correct? I know that newer ones are made in Indonesia as is my X-series Monarkh SCX. I like my SCX. Good quality and sound, but it a bit smallish for my liking.
Thats correct, mine was made in Indonesia. The USA made one I believe ArchEtech was referring to is the Marty Friedman signature model.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Marty F model I would prefer without the white bezel, but thats about the only USA model they still make. Once in a while i see a custom shop pop up. The pro models are pretty damn good, similar to an ESP E-II and even better priced used. I can afford a USA model so I'm just being a snob. The USA model isn't going to make me sound or paly any better.

Max Max

Reaction score
I prefer having multiple upper mid-range guitars and amps as opposed to one top shelf one of each. My Dad is the opposite, he's a banjo player and he has one really nice banjo and he's had it since I was 2 years old, I'm 33 now. To each their own.

Deftone

Reaction score
I have an X series King V, fit and finish are excellent. It's one hell of a player.

Max Max

Reaction score
I have an X series King V, fit and finish are excellent. It's one hell of a player.
I had a JS-32 King V. It played really good but the fit and finish left a lot to be desired and the Jackson licensed Floyd Rose was frustrating to deal with, so I traded it in on an Epiphone. If I were to get another King V, it would be the Scott Ian signature model.

Deftone

Reaction score
I had a JS-32 King V. It played really good but the fit and finish left a lot to be desired and the Jackson licensed Floyd Rose was frustrating to deal with, so I traded it in on an Epiphone. If I were to get another King V, it would be the Scott Ian signature model.
I like the Scott Ian sig, because it's mahogany. But no floyd and that pickguard is a deal breaker for me. The KVX is basswood and the Floyd Rose Special is pretty good. EMG's too. It's a pretty nice guitar.

I'm new to the forum. I picked up this Jackson Monarkh Pro about six months ago. Its got a mahogany body with a maple cap and a maple neck. It also has Seymour Duncan Blackout active pickups.
I have that Joyo Zombie...it rips.

Max Max

Reaction score
The X Series from Jackson is a substantial step up from the JS Series, in my experience.

Yeah that Joyo Zombie is something else. I can't believe how good it sounds. I run a five band EQ in the effects loop to try to get it closer to that Mesa Mark V sound.

Latest Threads