Izzy's guitar in the Welcome to the Jungle Video ?

Slash1983

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just watching the WTTJ Video and I saw his Gibson ES-??? in black. I thought it was a ES-135 but his guitar has a bridge unit as on a Les Paul...
Somebody know the exact model?:

ellem52

Reaction score
I think that's a 175 without the trapeze tail piece <---Wrong

Total Guitar interview from 2001
What amps and guitars were you using on this album?

I've got a reissue of the Fender Deluxe Reverb, it's such a great amp, and I was using a late 70s Tele for most of the tracks, and a black Gibson ZES-125, that's the same kind of guitar I was using with Appetite For Destruction, but through a Mesa Boogie.

Slash1983

Reaction score
hi ellem,
a es-175 is a model with a fatter body, maybe he changed the bridge-unit...?

Slash1983

Reaction score
aaaaah o.k. ......
never heard about this model...! :hmm: but it looks very cool in ebony/black!!!

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I loved Izzy's stuff ... Really cheesed me off when I read Slash wasn't even sure what parts Izzy did !!! I think Izzy is way underrated !!!!!!

Peaceman

Reaction score
I loved Izzy's stuff ... Really cheesed me off when I read Slah wasn't even sure what parts Izzy did !!! I think Izzy is way underrated !!!!!!
+1 dude, Izzy is VERY under-rated IMO

arcanis494

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I loved Izzy's stuff ... Really cheesed me off when I read Slash wasn't even sure what parts Izzy did !!! I think Izzy is way underrated !!!!!!
Not only is Izzy an excellent rhythm player he also was pretty good at lead. He did most of the fills on appetite and played the first part of the first solo on Nightrain.

ggc

Reaction score
It's a little hard to tell from that picture, but I'm pretty sure it's a Howard Roberts Fusion. The earlier ones had a TP-6 tailpiece, rather than the "fingers" tailpiece, and the pickup selector was at the top, like a Les Paul, rather than near the volume and tone controls.

5F6-A

Reaction score
Izzy was ever soo cool! the alter ego to Slash for sure....

Geetarguy

Reaction score
+100000
IZZY's solo stuff ROCKS!!!! He is one of the most underrated guitar players.
:slash:

GibsonEx

Reaction score
Izzy is a kick ass songwriter and guitar player, but he likes to be in the background. He deserves a lot more recognition then he gets, that's for sure.

Reaction score
+1,000,000. Frankly, they quit being Guns 'n Roses when Izzy left. You gotta love a guy that rocks a big 'ole Jazz guitar!

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=zaedYTKZ8_w]YouTube - Izzy Stradlin and The JuJu Hounds - Train Tracks[/ame]

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBeQ57Y-3zs]YouTube - Shuffle it all[/ame]

BstrdSonOJmsBrwn

Reaction score
the first Ju-Ju Hounds album is the best Rolling Stones album since "Some Girls"....and i mean that as a compliment:thumb::laugh2:

doubletalkinjive

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGFS2k6c5s]YouTube - ain't it a bitch (izzy and gn'r)[/ame]
Izzy is way underrated as a composer, lyricist and guitarplayer. +10 on that! He plays the guitar like a ringing bell :) and has the best rythm guitar sound; crunchy, complementing and discreet. He can actually play some pretty damn cool rn'r solos!
I'd like to hear a lot more material from Izzy!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Izzy wrote a large bulk of the Appetite album. The band lost it's raw edge after he left.

Latest Threads