Izzy Stradlin's 1959 Les Paul

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was spending a lazy day at the Indiana State Museum yesterday and a particular item caught my eye. It was Izzzy Stradlin's 1959 Les Paul Special. It was in their "Indiana'a Histoy in 200 Items" exhibit. I definitely did not think I would be seeing a vintage Les Paul yesterday. Anyways, it is serial number 935952. It also looks to have a heel crack and repair, a Badass bridge, and Grover tuners. Everything else seemed original to me. Sorry for the bad pictures, the guitar was a little bit away and it was pretty low light in there. I figured you guys and gals here might enjoy seeing it too!

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet guitar and cool unexpected find!

valek

Reaction score
Cool guitar. Funny it showing up here now. Just started reading up on Izzy yesterday, listening to "Izzy and the Ju Ju Hounds" as i'm writing this. Pretty good stuff

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Cool guitar. Funny it showing up here now. Just started reading up on Izzy yesterday, listening to "Izzy and the Ju Ju Hounds" as i'm writing this. Pretty good stuff

I love that band/album. So many great tracks on that one.

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Very cool ESchmidt !
Is that a jet engine behing Izzys guitar ?

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man,that is cool! Had to be an unexpected surprise!

Left Paw

Reaction score
I don't think anyone who does ageing and relic work on a new guitar can make it look like this true player wear. There is a softness to the wear that just isn't possible to replicate IMO.

StillLearning

Reaction score
I don't think anyone who does ageing and relic work on a new guitar can make it look like this true player wear. There is a softness to the wear that just isn't possible to replicate IMO.

+1. I'd be very impressed if this could be replicated to any sort of degree of authentic

jay1williams

Reaction score

This :thumb: softness is a great way to describe it - can only happen over time

Latest Threads