Izzit me or..Has Gibson lost their minds..

cynic79

Reaction score
It's still better than those Rock Royalty guitars, where someone Bedazzles a regular guitar and sells it for $100k.

gem12

Reaction score
I just placed a order for a set. :slash:

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
according to a well informed Marshall expert on another forum, every one of those Marshall amp/Gibson LP packages were sold before they shipped.

They are aimed at a certain clientele, not the average guitar player on MLP.

InsertUsernameHere

Reaction score
You could buy a custom made guitar from a luthier that would smash the holy hell out of all of those mass produced, overpriced, sucker magnets for 20,000.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
They aren't aimed at guitar players at all. They're aimed at collectors who'll probably never play it, if they even know how to play at all that is.

By the way...how much is the amp? The MSRP is for the guitar only and they're being sold as a package.

matthew bear

Reaction score
cool beans!

somebody has an authentic replica of a guitar with not one, but TWO brand names on it!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

now if slash would put HIS name on it too...:hmm:

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Part of that 20 K goes to Marshall ( amp included)

& the other 9 k suggested retail on a "replica " is on par what people pay for replicas but this replica is from the "mother company"

Mexicanbreed

Reaction score
You could buy a custom made guitar from a luthier that would smash the holy hell out of all of those mass produced, overpriced, sucker magnets for 20,000.

66.jpg

Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me what new guitars Gibson makes, because I won't be buying any of them. At least not when they're new. Henry behaved like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar over the feds nailing him for breaking the law. As long as Henry is there, I'm not in the market for a new Gibson.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me what new guitars Gibson makes, because I won't be buying any of them. At least not when they're new. Henry behaved like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar over the feds nailing him for breaking the law. As long as Henry is there, I'm not in the market for a new Gibson.

*shrugs*

I usually do this on principal. Unless it's a "must have" sorta thing (and not too many guitars are), I can get the same model guitar for 1/2 to 2/3rd's price on the used market.

When people complain they spent too much $$$, I shrug my shoulders and sort of give them "that nod". Yes, even as a lefty I manage to score deals occasionally on guitars. Even Gibsons.

(and I can't WAIT to get off freakin' work and go dig on my 800 dollar Gibson SG!)

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score

& the other 9 k suggested retail on a "replica " is on par what people pay for replicas but this replica is from the "mother company"

If you look at the Gibson page where it lists the price, it's clearly marked "$20,000 msrp (guitar only)" I assumed that meant "Guitar only".

Reaction score

A replica of what? I don't know of any 50s LPs that came with Burstbuckers and an effed up finish from the factory.

kmk108

Reaction score
I think a better question to ask in this thread is "Have we lost our minds by being surprised Gibson would do this?"

Zack

Reaction score
all that guitar is is a slightly above custom shop level worth 6 7 grand. then they put a name on it and sell it for 20

sonar1

Reaction score
Hank don' care what we think about Gibson's business model.

He'll sell all of those easily.

He thinks a bit beyond the box we're all confining ourselves to.

Obviously.

Most of us are law abiding citizens.

I'm sure he considers us all to be merely provincial putzes.

He don' need us or our opinions. He's a law unto himself, and plays on an entirely different level.

Those aren't "musical instruments." They are his "high end" trademarked icons and historical art copies, just like the Mona Lisa copies they take on the road to show at other museums, etc.

They're for Trophy rooms, not music rooms.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gibson has been crazy longer than I've been playing guitar.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:hmm:
A replica of what? I don't know of any 50s LPs that came with Burstbuckers and an effed up finish from the factory.

Whats wrong with the finish ? & it comes with Custom Bucker and Custom Bucker S Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge

Ps also Rosewood fingerboard with nitrocellulose trapezoid inlays

Latest Threads