I've the got fever....

Gasp100

Reaction score
Yeah man, I started with Tele's of all types (after taking about a 5 year hiatus from playing) and delved deep into the MIJ stuff. But once day I took a chance on an Edwards Gold Top and it was all over. LP city for ME!!! Now I have two Edwards LP's which I love dearly (selling my custom built Esquire, one piece pine body, nitro, fat neck, yada yada and seriously considering one more LP / LP Special or maybe even a nice SG.
I did have a Greco Special for a short while and it was kind of a dog and I took a bath on selling it... I had a Tokai Breezysound Tele from 1980 and it was okay for the price, but not better than any MIJ Fender Tele.
So, where do I go for older (dare I say "Golden Age") MIJ LP styles??? I know, ebay of course. But should I give Greco and Tokai another shot? (BTW - $1K for a Tokai Love Rock is too much to spend right now). I'm looking for that hidden gem around $550 - 800 tops! Burny, Orville, what do you think? I'm a little hesitant to go old because Edwards is a known, killer quality to me around that same price range in some cases.

tonebone

Reaction score
Check Rinkya.
Rinkya - Japan Auction & Shopping Service - Japanese, Anime, Car Parts, Dolls, Robots,& Much More
Use the "translate" button on the top right.
edwards are under esp search
burny and orville will give definate results for those brands. (They still make Burnys, lowend MIC, higer end MIJ)
It's the Japanese yahoo auction site where you pay a middleman to pickup your item, after winning the auction, and get's it shipped to you in the USA. There are fee's, at 20 to 30%. Also customs fees sometimes, 8%.

Use xe currency converter (there are others) to get your price dialed in.
XE - Universal Currency Converter

I'm not sure you're gonna find a "gem" for too much less than $1,000 USD.

Good luck!

tonebone

Reaction score
Final note on Orvilles. Try and get an Orville by Gibson (logo on headstock).

If you find one that came stock with Gibson 57 p-ups, you should try to get it.

Yamaha Lord Players and Studio Lords are ok guitars. Just make sure they have a gibson style headstock. :naughty:

skydog

Reaction score
The headstock is right, but shouldn't it be an SL + model number? He says it's nitro, is that possible? Decent price I guess.

I saw that and I don't think they're nitro. They are thin coated though. Not a typical Poly plastic bag.

Gasp100

Reaction score
I asked the guy a number of questions yesterday and told him I was interested. No response, he also has some UGLY feedback if you look at the detailed feedback. Not that it always means something is wrong, but it can be a red light sometimes. YMMV

tonebone

Reaction score
Sure doesn't look like nitro lacquer. He's asking too much anyway. Just wanted you to see the correct headstock. If the knucklehead would take a decent photo of the headstock, the TRC has the model # on it.

Shouldn't be over $500USD for this one.

Latest Threads