I've only gone and done it.

Andyb0378

Reaction score
The tones are unleashed. The pickguard is off.:dude:

WP_20150114_002_zpsa5f20155.jpg

WP_20150114_004_zpsa4b9cf1d.jpg

The mobile photos are really bad. I have just taken it off and had to tell someone.

I feel better.

BUT are the amber tophats sucking away that new tone? Gold speed knobs?:hmm:

Andy

skunkwerx

Reaction score
Nooooo! Thats not a pickguard, thats your sustain-o-matic!

Looks good dude :)

56GT

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPnGp1QZbxM"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPnGp1QZbxM[/ame]

Andyb0378

Reaction score
The pick guard is safe and being looked after in my gig bag for when I change my mind and put it back on. I didn't think about the sustain issues. I'll have to plug in and check its still there. I didn't realize the sustain was hidden in the pick guard. What have I done!

Those LED knobs may work so teh toanz don't get lost on the dark stage. A guiding light to send them in the right direction.

Should I get back to doing some work now?

markbastable

Strange kind of blues-coloured moon
Reaction score
Can I suggest cream tops hats?

See avatar.

That guitar had amber tophats on it when I got it, which just don't work on anything but bursts with some orangey element. Also, I think that all right-thinking persons agree that speed knobs are an abomination that flies in the face of all that's natural and sacred, being the work of Beelzebub himself.

TerryH

Reaction score
Since you have some blackish flames, I think black plastics and knobs would look great! :thumb:

Andyb0378

Reaction score
So speed knobs are the work of the devil along with amber tophats, lol.

I actually have some spare black pick up rings and a poker chip, might give it a go. Although the black knobs I have are speed (devil) knobs.

In real life the dark flames have a lot more contrast against the red. The photos have not shown it at its best.

TerryH

Reaction score
So speed knobs are the work of the devil along with amber tophats, lol.

I actually have some spare black pick up rings and a poker chip, might give it a go. Although the black knobs I have are speed (devil) knobs.

In real life the dark flames have a lot more contrast against the red. The photos have not shown it at its best.

Nothing wrong with speed knobs IMO, even tho Top Hats and Reflectors seem to be the most popular around here. :)

skunkwerx

Reaction score
I actually like the contrast in colours with the amber knobs on my trans blue model, but then again my taste is usually very dodgy!

wwit

Reaction score
But with the pickguard off.....it will no longer go weedle weedle!! And you will in for a lifetime of eeedle eeedle instead :fingersx:

So embrace the eeedle eeedle like I have. Pickguards be damned. :applause:

chupe442

Confused as ever.....
Reaction score
Once you pull the pick guard off, there's no going back..

You will play better, sound better, and look better...

Black plastics now and leave the amber knobs. Just don't let Malikon see them... I think they look fine on this color.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
black pup rings
black toggle switch and poker chip
Black Reflectors!

:dude: Bring the darkness!

oh7nrd.jpg

:laugh2:

chupe442

Confused as ever.....
Reaction score
black pup rings
black toggle switch and poker chip
Black Reflectors!

:dude: Bring the darkness!

oh7nrd.jpg

:laugh2:

I gotta agree with you on this one Malikon. I like the ambers and was thinking if he went with the black and silver vintage styles, they would also need the pointers. Those things turn alot of people off. I really like pointers but in this case, it would look grear either way now that I see it.. :thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm the ambassador for Reflectors, got a Crown and everything.

...course the crown is an oversized reflector which looks silly on my head,..but I digress...:laugh2:

Sustainamaniac

Reaction score
I'd venture to say that black reflector knobs would be an improvement on every Epi Les Paul... :laugh2:

Latest Threads