I've Just Discovered 'Spy'

HenryHill

Reaction score
Brought to you as a Service Announcement:

Last evening I had just came in from finishing mowing the yard and was warm, so I grabbed the IPad as the laptop can get so hot on your lap. In fat fingering the touchscreen, I happened upon the MLP header link of 'Spy'.

I've not seen this on a forum before. It is a little hidden up there. I have seen 'latest posts', which help you get down to the last unread post of long thread that you've been reading before, from the homepage of that forum. Some forum sites have a 'go to first unread post' when you get back into a thread with new posts, which keeps you from scrolling all the way back down a long page while in the thread. I wish these were possible here. :(

But 'Spy' updates in real time, and let's you see what's active on the whole forum, instantly, rather than trying to go look for active threads of interest. It's a very nice feature. Thanks, MLP mods!

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Spy has always been there :D

But it is rather hidden you are right.

dazzypig

Reaction score
I stumbled across it once. It is a very good way of cruising a forum. Of-course, after that it was lost... forever!

EDIT: Oh, nope! Just checked, it's there alright!

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
Holy CRAP. This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a forum. Gigantic worthless post count, here I come....I don't even have to search anymore.

EDIT: I just SPYed on myself!

HenryHill

Reaction score
Holy CRAP. This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a forum. Gigantic worthless post count, here I come....I don't even have to search anymore.

EDIT: I just SPYed on myself!

Literal LOL!

I was hoping that this might stir a response from Mods to flick the switch on 'got to first unread post', but in the meantime, I like how you can watch the new posts, click on a link, it opens in a new window, and you go directly to the new post without scrolling.

But I've never seen such a cool feature before on forum either and the 'Thanks Mods!' was sincere.

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
Literal LOL!

I was hoping that this might stir a response from Mods to flick the switch on 'got to first unread post', but in the meantime, I like how you can watch the new posts, click on a link, it opens in a new window, and you go directly to the new post without scrolling.

I know, right? That was the coolest thing about it, not bombing thru 42 replies to get to the end post. LOVING this!:dude:

Are you SPYing on yourself too?:laugh2:

Latest Threads