I've been scarce from these parts for a while...

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Been real busy, haven't been around much. I sold BCR Music last July, had my right shoulder reconstructed and now do repairs and custom builds in my basement shop. NO MORE RETAIL!!!! YAY

You can see what I have been up to here... https://www.instagram.com/gregplatzerguitars/

I am currently repairing a Les Paul Classic for a brave young man named Justin that is battling cancer...check out the progress and contribute to his Gofundme if you are inclined.

Oh, I and I just built some Korina goodies for these guys....

Attachments

• GregnZZ.jpeg
    GregnZZ.jpeg
    474.5 KB · Views: 37

smk506

Reaction score
Good to see you Greg! You’re an inspiration and I’m so happy you are out of the retail game! Once your heart isn’t in it it’s soul crushing. Hopefully you can post some of your epic saves here for us guys who don’t do face book, insta, whatever.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Welcome back!
Your expertise is certainly appreciated around here!

:thumb:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have followed your page on FlakeBook of Dork for a good while.... Enjoy your work....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still think the best job was the Firebird fix on that bastardized swimming pool cutout under the guard that looked like it had been routed with a Barlow knife, keyhole bit, chainsaw, and a cheese grater... Final paint job was killer too with the 'unfaded' under the guard and faded everywhere else... 2nd place was probably the JBJ all gold Lester neck pop job....

You do a'ight... ;)

smk506

Reaction score
Still think the best job was the Firebird fix on that bastardized swimming pool cutout under the guard that looked like it had been routed with a Barlow knife, keyhole bit, chainsaw, and a cheese grater... Final paint job was killer too with the 'unfaded' under the guard and faded everywhere else... 2nd place was probably the JBJ all gold Lester neck pop job....

You do a'ight... ;)

I remember that one, that was a sick job. My favorite I think was this one sg that had been absolutely destroyed, neck body and soul. It came out looking great.

Reactions: ehb

moreles

Reaction score
Welcome back and congratulations on the move from retail. I can't imagine what retailing has been like for many years now. It's nothing like it was, that's for sure. Enjoy the new focus -- looks way more interesting and fulfilling.

mjross

Reaction score
Been real busy, haven't been around much. I sold BCR Music last July, had my right shoulder reconstructed and now do repairs and custom builds in my basement shop. NO MORE RETAIL!!!! YAY

You can see what I have been up to here... https://www.instagram.com/gregplatzerguitars/

I am currently repairing a Les Paul Classic for a brave young man named Justin that is battling cancer...check out the progress and contribute to his Gofundme if you are inclined.

Oh, I and I just built some Korina goodies for these guys....
Welcome back! Too bad the address goes to instagram, but that’s breaks!

Latest Threads