It's time to "Pop Your Cherry!" (Cherry and Wine Red thread)

PAPADON

Reaction score
That studio looks rad with all the gold, I really like how deep and dark it looks with natural light. Is that a stock studio pickguard or is it from a custom?
Thanks. That's the only thing that I think Gibson could have done better on the Studios. A nice 5 ply guard just adds so much for so little. I also added a set of Grover tuners with ebony buttons.

1600453478444.png

lawrev

Reaction score
this one is awesome too!
and also the first time I see a humbucker disguised as a P90!

Guys I've been playing guitars for 25 years and still discovered a few things with this thread!
@Kitsune I'm very impressed with the sound and versatility of this humbucker - and with the P90 cover on it is hard to tell - the poles are closer to the bottom of the pickup instead of in the center of a P90. Always wanted to get this specific humbucker made by Seymour Duncan Custom Shop and glad I did.

Last edited:

Kitsune

Reaction score
Okay, we are doing non-Les Pauls now? My ES-335 Fat Neck, ES-345, and ES-335 Satin

I don't know buddy, I posted it in the Les Paul section to see more Les Paul but I guess a few other guitars could be fine.
If the mods come around I hope they won't be to harsh :p

pondcaster

Reaction score
I like that one, the plain top looks neat with the zebras!
Here it looks very red on the photo. You can see on the pics I've posted, depending on the lighting my worn Cherry faded looks very dark and almost burgundy, is it the same with yours?
I'm terrible with discerning slight differences in colors or describing them but mine is, I'd say, garnet in real life under inside lighting. Finish is really sweet imo, great contrast with the zebras . A real looker (and player) without a doubt.

1600725464545.jpeg

The top does kinda look plain in pics but it's actually got some pretty cool figuring, rings, mineral streaks, etc.

Last edited:

Kitsune

Reaction score
I'm terrible with discerning slight differences in colors or describing them but mine is, I'd say, garnet in real life under inside lighting. Finish is really sweet imo, great contrast with the zebras . A real looker (and player) without a doubt.

View attachment 489919

The top does kinda look plain in pics but it's actually got some pretty cool figuring, rings, mineral streaks, etc.
Looks nice in darker light too, I've noticed that most of the figurings and wood grain details sometimes are not caught on camera, most of these guitars look better in person!

Latest Threads