It's official: Goodbye California.....

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I remember when I lived in CA, all the folks in OR were just thrilled at the immigrants from CA moving up there. They must be over that by now :)

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats lunchbox :thumb: . a change of scenery is always a good thing

the same thing that happened to NY is happening / continuing to happen in Seattle right now . the once cool neighborhoods that were made that way , from the artists and musos __ are now being re-populated by the trendy hipster types that want to buy into culture

instead of creating it themselves

in fact . it's happening all over the map . " disturbing " doesn't begin to describe

Austin is definitely going through this. I rarely go into Austin proper these days.

Frogfur

Reaction score
I use to live in Oregon previously. Both Corvallis and Salem are busy.
Good luck. One thing I miss is the Ocean and the tax free status.
Watch them rogue waves ..

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh great another California Migrating to Oregon. Just kidding. Just don't mention you are from California.

brianbzed

Reaction score
...hello Oregon!

Time to leave my home state for many, many reasons. The biggest being housing prices. Then there's the stupidity in politics and culture, which I can't get into here, high taxes, sanctuary state and cities, etc. So I've taken a job in Corvallis and we'll be up there living by the beginning of September. Stoked!! It's beautiful up here!

If you're in Oregon, gimme a shout out!

20120928-yay-oregon-green-21264f1.jpg

(But F PDX)
Welcome! I moved here from the People's Republic of Kalifornia in 1999...for many of the same reasons!

brianbzed

Reaction score
Lets not forget human fieces lined streets.....needles everywhere......... and the occasional 10,000 acre wildfire /earthquake. Seems like the man made disasters top the natural ones.
In Oregon:
Have to admit there are stupid politics and general nuttiness issues here, but they are mostly in the urban centers. Out here in the Cowboy East, it's nice!

C-Grin

Reaction score
I must admit, I did not feel particularly welcome when I first moved to Oregon. Being a 60's military brat, I learned how to make friends and fit in anywhere. Late wife's Dad was an Oregon Native, so that helped somewhat.
Psst, hey don't tell anyone but I was born in California;)

brianbzed

Reaction score
Psst, hey don't tell anyone but I was born in California;)
Me too! It's tragic what has happened to that State. Was a nice place overall in the 60's..up until about 1980 as I recall...
The kids still live there and are planning a move to Idaho..

C-Grin

Reaction score
Me too! It's tragic what has happened to that State. Was a nice place overall in the 60's..up until about 1980 as I recall...
The kids still live there and are planning a move to Idaho..
LOL until they spend a winter there:wtf:

Pal

Reaction score
There are things I really loved about living in California but I could never live there again.

lunchbox

Reaction score
When I first came here in '76 I'd been warned that Californians were generally despised by Oregonians. So, after closing on the property, I registered my vehicles and got OR tags, then returned to California and started the selling process on our home there. That way, when we came, no one would know we were the dreaded Californians.

As we were moving in, my wife and 2 young Sons, all 4 of the neighbors from the closest properties came over to welcome us. They brought food gifts and offers of help and were generally very friendly and warm. They were all about 30 years older than us and had been there for many years. And they were all from California.

So my new bosses and new co-worker (3 guys) drove me around after the interview to show me the town. All 3 of them are originally from California. We all laughed. :rofl:

lunchbox

Reaction score
No on Washington. Taxes for starters. Crowds where the money is and more.

There’s payroll income tax but no sales tax. So that’s cool with me. Kinda nice not having to pump gas too.

Latest Threads