It's my neighbor's daughter's 3rd birthday party. Free Food!!!!! I love Mexican food.

fett

I can see for miles and smiles.
Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know when a big event is going to happen in my mobile home park. The give away is black plastic tarp closing off the carport. It's a perfect PacWest spring day. Ergo, therefore, I was in my front yard, read right on the street, and wandered over from my A3 and A2 to party A1. I saw dad and he told me what was going on. It didn't take long for him to invite to the party just because we are good neighbors. I declined but he still offered me genuine, as cooked in their home country, food. I brought them a vintage Corningware very big platter-like dish. I brought over an unopened bag of paper towels. I looked behind the curtain to put it on one of the tables. He wasn't kidding. There will be 30+ people there. The music will be wonderful. They really know how to celebrate. :hippie:

fett

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They gots one of those inflated jumping things. I love my neighbors. I got a sneak peek at the dresses the 7 year old and the birthday girl are wearing. They happened to be on their porch. It's so fucking cool.

Last edited:

scott1970

Reaction score
My neighbor married a Nicaraguan gentleman to help get him legal. It worked, and he has anchored a bunch of family members into the States. Every Christmas she cooks a ton of homemade chicken and pork tamales, because it's some kind of big Christmas Eve tradition in Nicaragua. I usually make out pretty good. I've also gotten cactus. I've confirmed I'm not a big fan of eating cactus, but I've always suspected as much.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I gained weight when I went to Mexico for a week,best food in the world! I can have anything I want for my bday,I always pick tacos.

That said,so glad my neighbors dislike me. They NEVER come over....last thing I want is neighbors up my ass. .....I need a fortress of solitude.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Is MLP warning you?

:dunno:

1679241564161.png

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
My neighbor married a Nicaraguan gentleman to help get him legal. It worked, and he has anchored a bunch of family members into the States. Every Christmas she cooks a ton of homemade chicken and pork tamales, because it's some kind of big Christmas Eve tradition in Nicaragua. I usually make out pretty good. I've also gotten cactus. I've confirmed I'm not a big fan of eating cactus, but I've always suspected as much.
Secret scott1970 CL ad:

Will trade Okra for Cactus.
Email me.

pnuggett

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cactus is like okra without the slime.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
If you're going to let your neighbors up your ass they'd best be pretty trustworthy neighbors.
It's always best to keep some kind of "fence".

Once my wife's best friend came over with her family and the first thing
her husband (also a good friend) did was to barely say hi and open the
freezer door to grab the bottle of Vodka that have had there since the first
party we threw when we bought the house. But it's been sitting there
almost as a tradition that started from nothing but still, it's there.
We never touch it.
And he knew about it from the party years before and wanted a couple of shots asap!

WTF?
I didn't give him permission to open doors or drawers at my house!
Start by saying Hi and chat a bit and then ask if there might be a shot for you
and I'll be happy to serve it to you.

That's one time I thought proximity had its limits.

fett

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I really did have a good time. The age range. 1-75. I knew it was a big to-do. A few of the men were wearing their best White Straw cowboy hats. The beer of choice? Modelo. The food was just fine. I went over to retrieve the dish I took over yesterday. I thanked them again. The response? "You are always invited!!". The 75 year old was a very quiet lady sitting at a table. I, being 72, wanted to talk with her. It took some doing and the help from a few bi-lingual youngsters. Turns out, she has only been in the US for 7 days and is living with her daughter. No wonder she looked stoic. :hippie:

Last edited:

Latest Threads