Its been a year, and we still miss him.. RIP Matt Landry

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I still can remember Matt coming over for dinner a couple times and Ive never experienced being genuinely happy to see someone, until Matt touched our lives. He used to date my daughter, and I can remember telling her, dont let this one go, hes the one. Sadly, it didnt last, but I still recall seeing him off and on. One year ago, Matt went to a Quiznos in Michigan and two guys jumped him, beat him up and tried to jamb him into the trunk of his own car, when they realized he wouldnt fit, they shoved him into the back seat, punched him in the face and drove off. He was last found 3 days later in an abandoned house and had been shot in the head. The cowards that did this went straight to an ATM to get money off of Matts card. The getaway car for the bank robbery was Matts car. The family were actually the ones who figured out how to find Matt by calling their cell phone company and having them triangulate his last known position of his cell phone, which was found smashed at the murder scene. The two who did this were 16 & 17 years old. It was an experience I will never ever forget. I know your jamming with the greatest thrash metal band up in heaven, buddy. We love you.

Dateline NBC did a story on Matt. Im going to share it, so you all can maybe know just a little about Matts spirit.

Dateline NBC: 'Taken' but not forgotten - Dateline NBC - Crime reports - msnbc.com

Phoenix59

Reaction score
What a horrible waste of a human life. So sorry to hear about this.

EEF13

Reaction score
RIP.

I was watching that a few days ago. I remember that you talked about something like this last year but I didn't know it was that. I can't even imagine what the family went through.

BrianGT

Reaction score
Whilst I don't know the guy, being a Brit, I can see how much it has touched you.
There is no rhyme nor reason for anyone to do such an horrendous thing....it is sickening and I hope they really never get out.

Just hold good thoughts of Matt. :)

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The family couldnt afford the kind of funeral Matt deserved, and Matt didnt have insurance, so they threw a benefit concert, and man were they stunned at the turn-out.
It was held at the Emerald Theatre in Mount Clemens, Michigan, which is owned by Kid Rock, Uncle Cracker and quite a few others were there, including the police officers who were investigating the case. They raised over 10,000.00 for his funeral. Its never good when someone passes so suddenly like this, but it sure was good to see a community come together and make something good out of it.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I remember you keeping us updated on this. RIP Matt.

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I remember this GNR4EVR. How has your daughter been doing?

R.I.P Matt

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I remember this GNR4EVR. How has your daughter been doing?

R.I.P Matt

She's ok. She's friends with Matts family, and visits off and on.

Jody

Reaction score
Sad indeed... R.I.P Matt..No Forgotten

Lampens

Reaction score
Shit man. I remember this. Been a year allready?

Blues4U

Reaction score
I followed this story from the beginning and was shocked to discover the MLP connection.

Did they ever prove the immigration status of the killers? I remember they were saying they were illegal immigrants of middle eastern descent--

A senseless murder---

R.I.P. Matt-

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I followed this story from the beginning and was shocked to discover the MLP connection.

Did they ever prove the immigration status of the killers? I remember they were saying they were illegal immigrants of middle eastern descent--

A senseless murder---

R.I.P. Matt-
The chief suspect- Masalmani was dumped in Detroit by his abusive alcoholic Lebanese father who ditched him there and left the country. The other (I want to say "kid", but it doesnt fit when they did something so terrible as this) was a black Detroit native with a whole host of problems. Masalmani is to be deported should he EVER get out of jail (highly unlikely). The other- if he ever does get off will be on the penitentiary revolving door program probably. Southern Michigan does not have a rehab success rate. AT ALL. He will be in the system for the rest of hs life, I bet, sapping off the taxpayer.

The family is doing everything they can to get an exception to the no death penalty law so these boys can be put down.

Hizzy

My 15 minutes are up
Reaction score
The chief suspect- Masalmani was dumped in Detroit by his abusive alcoholic Lebanese father who ditched him there and left the country. The other (I want to say "kid", but it doesnt fit when they did something so terrible as this) was a black Detroit native with a whole host of problems. Masalmani is to be deported should he EVER get out of jail (highly unlikely). The other- if he ever does get off will be on the penitentiary revolving door program probably. Southern Michigan does not have a rehab success rate. AT ALL. He will be in the system for the rest of hs life, I bet, sapping off the taxpayer.

The family is doing everything they can to get an exception to the no death penalty law so these boys can be put down.

Rest In Peace when you are not rocking out in Heaven, Matt!

I wanted to ask you what punishment these POS were handed, but did not want to initiate that aspect into the thread remembering this young man. Thanks for covering this. I have a strong feeling that their time will come for the two killers. I hope it is painful and slow.

Latest Threads