morrow

Banned
Reaction score
A person who lives in the US will:
A) buy food
B) buy clothing
C) buy shelter
D) buy transportation

All these produce tax revenue. Mostly local and state tax revenue. The federal government has failed enough and doesn't deserve federal tax revenue.

Regarding Scooters links, how much has duplication of effort and outright waste in government cost the citizens?

ext1jdh --- do some basic research and read Scooter's links above. You've really painted yourself into a corner here. Just give up already and learn from your false opinion man...I mean come on now you're trying to change the subject to government waste when we're talking about immigration. sheesh.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
It's all government waste. Do you fail to see that they're wasting money fighting the inevitable instead of fixing the root problem? If people want to come into the US, then let them. If they get caught here illegally, send them back home but give them sufficient knowledge of how to re-enter legally.

Why do illegals work for pennies? Because they don't know any better? Because they're afraid of getting deported? Why do we make things more easy to do wrong than to do right?

Enlarge the pie! Get them into the economy! If you think that closing borders will do the trick then you're sadly mistaken - because they are already bypassing borders.

JMV

Reaction score
So grab a gun and man the border.

I have a friend who has done just that. Lives and owns property right at the border. He's told stories of chasing down illegals in his Suburban and slamming into them with his door, using them for target practice, etc.

I am no fan of people who enter this country illegally, but my friend is a sick bastard and is subhuman in my eyes. These people may be breaking the law, but they're still people...not stray dogs.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
By the way...

20110128203738%21Trollface.png

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A well regulated "work permit" system would alleviate the problem of illegals and it would have them contributing to the systems they now abuse because they would be registered and paying all applicable fees and taxes just like the rest of us.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So grab a gun and man the border. In Chicagoland we have plenty of illegals. Illinois is a state which tends to welcome illegals and it has done plenty to damage our local economies. Then again, there are plenty of people who want their floors scrubbed or toilets plunged and are too cheap to pay for a legal worker.

Laws are on the books but aren't enforced. Immigrants are not made aware of how to gain citizenship and end up spending far too much money to gain their status. They don't know that they should be getting a certain wage for their work and are too scared to seek the proper assistance.

Simply put, the more people we have working legally in the US, the better off we will be as a whole. Our slice of the pie may be miniscule, but the pie itself will be larger. One way to enlarge the pie is to fix the most damaged parts of our government's fiscal structure. Duplication of efforts in government is staggering. The financial impact is orders of magnitude higher than what is caused by illegal immigration.

U.S. GAO - Opportunities to Reduce Potential Duplication in Government Programs,

If your leg gets cut off and you fall over, you get your leg fixed before you have the scrape on your elbow attended to. Our government is wasting our money in the order of billions of dollars on a daily basis and yet we're bickering about millions of dollars. Fix the billion dollar problem first, and the million dollar problem will be easier to deal with later.

With respect, I don't know if you're being a smart ass with your "Grab a gun and man the border" comment, but I don't advocate, or even think it's possible, to completely "man the border".

I'm also not some jackass that thinks it's appropriate to shoot illegal aliens crossing the border.

Also, I'm sure Illinois has it's share of illegal aliens, but it's laughable to compare the situation there with the situation in border states like Texas. I could spend 10 minutes looking for the sources that show something like 1 in 10 school kids here have at least one parent that's an illegal alien, or could cite the huge drain they have on certain social services and our hospital system, but I'm not going to do that.

I don't know if you read any of my recent comments in this thread, but I actually think we should offer a MUCH more liberal guest worker program that would extend some basic worker rights to them so they don't get taken advantage of, and one that would also "level the playing field", so that they can't completely undercut and eliminate certain jobs for American citizens. "Enlarge the pie", as you put it.

This would also partially address the fallacy that most of the people coming here to work want to become American citizens.

My main concern with the current "system" (Not much of a system at all), is that it's basically a free for all right now. Order needs to be restored, so that we can limit the real bad guys coming in and setting up shop here, and also keep some sort of track of the migrant worker population, so that when one commits a crime, he can't just slink back over the border and escape justice permanently.

I mainly want to see serious crime curtailed. I'm not some kind of xenophobe that fears a change of our cultural makeup.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Did you see the troll face? There's a troll face up there, I'm pretty sure.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did you see the troll face? There's a troll face up there, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, i saw the stupid troll face. What was the point of that? Since you addressed my comment directly, I thought it warranted a response, "troll face" or not.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
*sigh*

This place is taking itself FAR too seriously...again.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
*sigh*

It was a "sort of" serious thread. I don't take myself all that seriously, for the record. If you had made a general statement about almost anything, I would not have responded at this point. You quoted a comment from me, and responded to it.

Then you threw in your troll face.

I merely responded to your comment. If yours was all in jest, you should've used purple or something. I thought the 'ol troll face was sort of random. You seemed to be engaging in this thread from a serious point of view, and then the troll head.

If you think this place is being taken too seriously, then why get involved with serious threads? This is a topic I feel strongly about. There are plenty of silly threads all over the backstage. :)

Anyway, don't take any of my ramblings all that seriously. We're just talking here.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
I get involved with "serious" threads because...

(drumroll plox)

im trollish

:D

Anyway if anyone here were actually serious about solving these problems, get off the fracking interwebs and get elected and become a giant douche and become totally untrustworthy then totally redeem yourself by fixing a problem then get shot down for having sex with an aide or something. Yeah.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I get involved with "serious" threads because...

(drumroll plox)

im trollish

:D

Anyway if anyone here were actually serious about solving these problems, get off the fracking interwebs and get elected and become a giant douche and become totally untrustworthy then totally redeem yourself by fixing a problem then get shot down for having sex with an aide or something. Yeah.

Good point. :laugh2:

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
*sigh*

Don't hide behind being a troll. You made many serious comments that were uneducated and painted yourself in a corner. Now you're all of a sudden throwing a troll face up and claiming your a troll. Retarded. Fess up and learn from your mistake, and move on.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Morrow you should look at some of my other 7000 posts. I've been a troll for quite a while.

Also, you're taking yourself too seriously. This is the Internet...where nothing matters.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
You mean this isn't the mud pits?

I told you we took a wrong turn at Albuquerque

In any case if I had to write in purple every time I wrote something around here...I would use up all the purple pixels allotted to the site in a month. Then Alex would have to raise rates (to pay for more pixels) and we would end up paying InternetBucks or Simoleans or Bitcoins just to use the forum, and that's just silly.

Latest Threads