It never brains in Southern California

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
There are quotas for each country, we cannot have UNLIMITED immigration. Mexicans by-pass the system to be here. If 2 Billion Chinese wanted to immigrate all at once, there would be limits set as to how many can enter. The US puts different criteria for each country. It is LOT easier for a Japanese person to immigrate than it is for a Russian. It is easier for a Russian male than a Russian female. It is easier for a Polish rocket scientist than it is for a retarded gardener.

Family members get a bit of a priority. ALL are expected to be productive and not be a drain on society. And certainly all are expected to give their allegience to the USA. They are expected to be Americans FIRST. They are expected to learn English.

Again many Mexican bypass all this as much as possible. Many think this is their country or something. How many wars did we fight and WIN to make it ours? I say we should just declare war on Mexico, it is close, convenient and hell, they have oil too! Push them down to Panama and be done with this BS.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
1) It was pretty damn easy. My wife sent in copies of all the forms that were requested. Her passport, her ID, her resident alien card. Copies of bills with her address inside the states. She sent a check for $700 and filled out the forms that she printed off the INS website. A few weeks later, the check cleared and she knew that all was well. Shortly after that she got a letter telling her when to be at the INS office for her test. They even gave her a list of questions to study for the test. Out of 100 questions, she was asked 4. Seven hundred bucks and three months is neither that long nor that expensive.

2) Closing the borders is stupid. It wouldn't do any good to stop the flow of illegals into the country, and would only serve to make the US look like a bunch of inbred, redneck xenophobic hillbillies.
Um what? closing the borders does stop illegals moron. Get real -- looks like we have another mainstream media sheep here again!

We need to make it way easier to come here legally like it used to be. You had a good experience, that is RARE. My brother in law has a DEGREE, money in his pocket, and married to my sister and it's been a living NIGHTMARE for him to get a work visa (took 9 months) and now he's having a nightmare of a time getting a living visa to extend the work visa, let alone a citizenship test (3 years residency). The visas have cost him THOUSANDS of DOLLARS.

Get some education in these issues outside of the little box you live in.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Wake up. I'm MARRIED to an immigrant. I have lived the process. It's not as difficult as you are making it, so long as you fill out the paperwork correctly.

And if you think closing the borders would stop illegals, I will take this opportunity to point out this plain simple fact. They are illegal. if they don't come in across a border station they will come in elsewhere. Adding laws does nothing to stop the problem.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
Wake up. I'm MARRIED to an immigrant. I have lived the process. It's not as difficult as you are making it, so long as you fill out the paperwork correctly.

And if you think closing the borders would stop illegals, I will take this opportunity to point out this plain simple fact. They are illegal. if they don't come in across a border station they will come in elsewhere. Adding laws does nothing to stop the problem.
Wrong, you got lucky and were streamlined through. Most aren't.

Who says anything about adding laws? Stop making things up out of the blue. More manpower and technology at the border will heavily slow down the current incredibly easy illegal immigration and illegal trafficking problems. It sounds like you need to do some research on the issue instead of making things up out of the blue.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Hmm, so I got lucky and you got boned? Explain KP's experience. Explain the other experiences here where things went perfectly fine so long as paperwork was done correctly and not in crayon.

More tech and manpower at the border only means that taxpayers will get burdened by paying for more failure.

But you know all about failure, don't you...

ext1jdh

Reaction score
I'm proud to have participated in the total derailment of this thread.

Who wants cake?

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
More tech and manpower at the border only means that taxpayers will get burdened by paying for more failure.

But you know all about failure, don't you...
Yes, because illegals swarming over the border and not paying taxes/getting on social systems isn't costing the taxpayer money :laugh2::laugh2:
You're a riot ext1jdh! keep it coming bro! :laugh2::laugh2:

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Well all we gots is cake.

I mean...We could probably get Slacky to dance on a table or something if it's really important

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Yes, because illegals swarming over the border and not paying taxes/getting on social systems isn't costing the taxpayer money :laugh2::laugh2:
You're a riot ext1jdh! keep it coming bro! :laugh2::laugh2:
Yeah, living here, producing products and spending money here doesn't contribute at all, you toolbox.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, living here, producing products and spending money here doesn't contribute at all, you toolbox.
Who said anything about them spending money or not?!??!
We're talking about costing the taxpayer money...which NOT paying taxes and BEING on social systems (lots of them are) are costing us.
Why do you keep pulling stuff out of the blue? Do you have ADD or something? :laugh2::laugh2:
Why do you want illegals here instead of legal people? Do you dislike legal immigrants so you want to keep the illegal process there and so easy? :laugh2::laugh2:
I mean seriously...do you just want the problem to continue and never get fixed???
You're a man for no solutions. Good job.

Rawhdney

Reaction score
CAKE! AND GIRLS!!

ist2_12250500-girl-popping-out-of-a-cake.jpg

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Who said anything about them spending money or not?!??!
We're talking about costing the taxpayer money...which NOT paying taxes and BEING on social systems (lots of them are) are costing us.
Why do you keep pulling stuff out of the blue? Do you have ADD or something? :laugh2::laugh2:
Why do you want illegals here instead of legal people? Do you dislike legal immigrants so you want to keep the illegal process there and so easy? :laugh2::laugh2:
I mean seriously...do you just want the problem to continue and never get fixed???
You're a man for no solutions. Good job.

A person who lives in the US will:
A) buy food
B) buy clothing
C) buy shelter
D) buy transportation

All these produce tax revenue. Mostly local and state tax revenue. The federal government has failed enough and doesn't deserve federal tax revenue.

Regarding Scooters links, how much has duplication of effort and outright waste in government cost the citizens?

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A person who lives in the US will:
A) buy food
B) buy clothing
C) buy shelter
D) buy transportation

All these produce tax revenue. Mostly local and state tax revenue. The federal government has failed enough and doesn't deserve federal tax revenue.

Regarding Scooters links, how much has duplication of effort and outright waste in government cost the citizens?

They "produce" revenue, and cost revenue. Whether they're a boon or a burden to society seems to depend on what sources you check with. Regardless, it doesn't really matter how the government wastes money in other ways not connected to the illegal alien issue. Those two issues are separate. I think we'd all like to see the "government" run more efficiently in general.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
They "produce" revenue, and cost revenue. Whether they're a boon or a burden to society seems to depend on what sources you check with. Regardless, it doesn't really matter how the government wastes money in other ways not connected to the illegal alien issue. Those two issues are separate. I think we'd all like to see the "government" run more efficiently in general.

If the issue is the cost to citizens, then it doesn't matter what the source of government failure is. Whether it's a failure in immigration or a failure in oversight, it's still a failure.

There are larger problems in this country than illegal immigrants. Busting ass on trying to fix this is a drop in the bucket. Repair the giant gaping bleeding wounds in the federal government, then you can worry about the bruises.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the issue is the cost to citizens, then it doesn't matter what the source of government failure is. Whether it's a failure in immigration or a failure in oversight, it's still a failure.

There are larger problems in this country than illegal immigrants. Busting ass on trying to fix this is a drop in the bucket. Repair the giant gaping bleeding wounds in the federal government, then you can worry about the bruises.

That's your point of view, and I agree that this country has a lot of issues to deal with.

I live in Texas, about six hours from the Mexican border, and I assure you, for those of us living in border states, the illegal alien issue is not "A drop in the bucket", and is an enormous problem that many of us are faced with every day.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
So grab a gun and man the border. In Chicagoland we have plenty of illegals. Illinois is a state which tends to welcome illegals and it has done plenty to damage our local economies. Then again, there are plenty of people who want their floors scrubbed or toilets plunged and are too cheap to pay for a legal worker.

Laws are on the books but aren't enforced. Immigrants are not made aware of how to gain citizenship and end up spending far too much money to gain their status. They don't know that they should be getting a certain wage for their work and are too scared to seek the proper assistance.

Simply put, the more people we have working legally in the US, the better off we will be as a whole. Our slice of the pie may be miniscule, but the pie itself will be larger. One way to enlarge the pie is to fix the most damaged parts of our government's fiscal structure. Duplication of efforts in government is staggering. The financial impact is orders of magnitude higher than what is caused by illegal immigration.

http://www.gao.gov/ereport/GAO-11-318SP/overview

If your leg gets cut off and you fall over, you get your leg fixed before you have the scrape on your elbow attended to. Our government is wasting our money in the order of billions of dollars on a daily basis and yet we're bickering about millions of dollars. Fix the billion dollar problem first, and the million dollar problem will be easier to deal with later.

Latest Threads