It might get loud

Mr French

Reaction score
Free to watch

Figured I'd post the link here. Just watched this for the first time last night and it's mind blowing. Starring The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), and Jack White (The White Stripes) who discuss their musical journey and of course they have a few cool jam sessions. I remember hearing about this film around 2009/2010 but completely forgotten about it.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a fun ride. Worth it.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if they wouldn’t openly admit it.... Jack White and the Edge were both obviously moved by Jimmy Page..... yeah... it was a good film of displaying how there’s no wrong way to approach the guitar and the limitless direction it can be used.

Gfunk_Minor

Ooooops
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if they wouldn’t openly admit it.... Jack White and the Edge were both obviously moved by Jimmy Page..... yeah... it was a good film of displaying how there’s no wrong way to approach the guitar and the limitless direction it can be used.
Yea....
That look on Jack Whites face as Jimmy starts playing Whole Lotta Love.

moreles

Reaction score
I dunno. Page was the only guy who struck me as a non-narcissist. I thought White and the Edge came across as unexpectedly egotistical. Overall, I thought the film, which I have seen twice, was pretty boring. Of course, I think Page is 10X the musician and 10X the creator compared to the other guys.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Reaction score
I dunno. Page was the only guy who struck me as a non-narcissist. I thought White and the Edge came across as unexpectedly egotistical. Overall, I thought the film, which I have seen twice, was pretty boring. Of course, I think Page is 10X the musician and 10X the creator compared to the other guys.
Yeah.... It would have been a different show if there was someone there that Jimmy admired.... like Jeff Beck....

peobryant

Reaction score
The parts with Jimmy Page are fantastic, but man, the parts with Jack White can be hard to watch. Not all of his parts are bad, but in some of them, he comes across as such a douchebag. When they ask him what he thinks will happen when they all meet, he says something stupid like, "I don't know, we might get in a fist fight." Just awful.

Pagey playing the mandolin, playing air guitar, and of course, the clips of him playing Ramble On, Whole Lotta Love and Kashmir are worth watching the whole documentary by themselves, though.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When jack white turned his guitar to watch jimmy play the intro lick for whole lotta love, I instantly became a fan of white.

-chris

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Yeah.... It would have been a different show if there was someone there that Jimmy admired.... like Jeff Beck....
And not worth watching had Page not been present.
I don't care for White, and Edge's tone is physically painful.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Reaction score
One of them happens to be a co-conspirator for the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" which has been burned into my memory of early 1984.... my girlfriend at the time played that tune repeatedly for several days until i couldn't take it (or her) anymore. It was like "Groundhog Day" on meth.

Edge might be a fine guitar player and he might like Guinness in his Lucky Charms.... but piss on him.

Jack White hasn't been quite the impression..... not yet.

I only watched it because of Page. Who were the other two guys.

Latest Threads