It looks like a PRS, but I'm not sure

Victek

Reaction score
I'm Tore Down - 6/9/15 Les Paul Celebration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDeIn8wP8c

OK, the player who starts out on the far left has a blond, single cut, semi hollow guitar with what looks like a PRS headstock. You can see it more clearly around the 3:10 mark when he's playing a solo and the camera zooms in. Does anyone know if it is a PRS and if so which model? I've done a little searching and can't find anything quite like it.

And while you're at it can you name all of the players from left to right? The only ones I know are Steve Miller, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.

All of the guitar playing is really good, but checkout Steve Vai's solo (around the 8:30 mark) for something that's really "out of the box", especially in that blues venue :thumb:

tzd

Reaction score
That's Neal Schon with his PRS signature model.

Victek

Reaction score
That's Neal Schon with his PRS signature model.
Awesome, thanks! Here's a pic I found on Google Images. The f-holes are unique. The pickups look quite different too on the guitar he's playing in the video; maybe just black covers?

Attachments

David Mccarroll

Reaction score
Steve Vai is extraordinary. Not strictly speaking my kind of music, but as an accomplished musician, almost unparalleled.

Drew1986

Reaction score
NS-15. It's kind of an odd duck. Kinda like a Byrdland/335/PRS/LP Axess hybrid if you can imagine such a thing. They've made a few versions of it. Originally just a Private Stock, then a Core Line, now a Private Stock only again. I'd love to get one but they are very pricey and few and far between, probably less than a 100 total from what I have been able to figure.

EDIT: Here is the link to the newest version. This one is pretty bang on for what Neal actually plays...he does some pretty extensive electronic mods to his guitars.

http://www.prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery/ns15.php

Victek

Reaction score

Victek

Reaction score
NS-15. It's kind of an odd duck. Kinda like a Byrdland/335/PRS/LP Axess hybrid if you can imagine such a thing. They've made a few versions of it. Originally just a Private Stock, then a Core Line, now a Private Stock only again. I'd love to get one but they are very pricey and few and far between, probably less than a 100 total from what I have been able to figure.

EDIT: Here is the link to the newest version. This one is pretty bang on for what Neal actually plays...he does some pretty extensive electronic mods to his guitars.

PRS Guitars | Private Stock - NS-15
Yep, that's exactly the one he has on stage :thumb:

Drew1986

Reaction score
This is one I'd love to pick up one day. But they are $10K plus for the PS. They make the NS-14, a smaller body single f hole version, for a cheaper price. But you NEVER see Neal playing it. Even on his most recent rig rundown on Premier Guitars YouTube channel he doesn't even have one in his guitar boat iirc.

Latest Threads