ISO-Brick Power Supply... how good is it anyway?

scooter500

Reaction score
Guess these sale for about $150 and are supposed to be dead quiet, but what's your experience with this power supply?

Thanks, I really dislike hum.

ARandall

Reaction score
They have isolated grounds, so the hum that is part of a ground loop (if present) will be very low to not at all.
But it doesn't change anything about the pedal itself......a noisy pedal will still be a noisy pedal.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^ This. I bought one thinking it might solve the noise issues I had with one pedal in my chain, and it's still there.

scooter500

Reaction score
They have isolated grounds, so the hum that is part of a ground loop (if present) will be very low to not at all.
But it doesn't change anything about the pedal itself......a noisy pedal will still be a noisy pedal.
Hum, I'll have to do a search on ground loop hum!

^ This. I bought one thinking it might solve the noise issues I had with one pedal in my chain, and it's still there.
What pedal is noisy outta control?

Heppe

Reaction score
Had the exact same issue and bought a decibel11 with isolated output, it did nothing for my hum, no improvment over the daisy chain I am currently using.

scooter500

Reaction score
All this talk about noisy pedals tat can't be quieted reminder me of an old Boss pedal I had... in addition to being noisy, it picked up the radio. No tears when that one died!

The new iso brick arrived. In celebration for each pedal I have I researched mA & ohms used/drew. Wire up tomorrow.

Latest Threads