Isn't this out of line

ledzepp2122

Reaction score
So I'm home and my grandmother gets a call from her sister. The sister asks my gm if she will take her friend who recently had surgery to my grandmother's house and take care of her because the sister is out of town. My grandmother doesn't know the sister's friend. My grandmother says yes to the task because she can never say no to anyone How can you ask someone to do such an outrageous task.:mad:. The worst part is that the friend will be staying in my room until tomorrow. That means no playing for me unless I go acoustic.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
Grandmas house, grandma can do whatever she pleases.

Having said that I don't think it's a wise choice especially if she doesn't know her.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
With respect,

Here's an opportunity for some schooling for you. I don't know how old your GM is but I betcha she has a pretty good idea of who she is and what she's capable of. And she's not thinking of herself when she agrees to something like this; she's putting herself out there for her sister and sister's friend because that's the kind of person she is. (it's not all about you)

It's very likely you're not privy to all the details of the circumstances that led to your GM's sister asking for the favor. Chances are they never even considered how you'd feel. Maybe that wasn't important. Not trying to be mean here, but sometimes your feelings are down the list, not right at the top. Good thing to know...and get used to. (it's not all about you)

Were she more like you, concerned more for her own needs and wants than those of anyone else, she'd have said "NO!" right at the top and you'd be sitting in your room playing to your heart's content; right? Your great-Aunt and her friend would be scrambling, trying to find someone to accomodate their needs but you'd be sitting in your room, playing your guitar. (if only it were all about you, eh?)

Maybe your Grandma could use some help. She'd be tickled if you asked, I'm sure. She might even think you were growing up just a little bit, thinking of someone other than yourself.

Best of luck, mon, hope you figure out the best way to deal with this. :thumb:

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
She's staying in your room, huh?

Only one solution to this little problem...

itching-powder.jpg

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
One more reason (in addition to a million others) to have your own place.

What if your grandmother decided to take up accordion - and stayed up all night playing?

Corrosion of Conformity

Reaction score
So I'm home and my grandmother gets a call from her sister. The sister asks my gm if she will take her friend who recently had surgery to my grandmother's house and take care of her because the sister is out of town. My grandmother doesn't know the sister's friend. My grandmother says yes to the task because she can never say no to anyone How can you ask someone to do such an outrageous task.:mad:. The worst part is that the friend will be staying in my room until tomorrow. That means no playing for me unless I go acoustic.

So in other words, you don't give a shit about your grandmother. You're terrible. :laugh2:

I don't see why this is such a big deal. None of us here understand the situation well enough to comment on whether this is "out of line" or not. If your grandmother is okay with it it should be good enough for you. Stop sulking and whining about your problems on MLP. :laugh2:

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
So in other words, you don't give a shit about your grandmother. You're terrible. :laugh2:

I don't see why this is such a big deal. None of us here know the situation well enough to comment on whether this is "out of line" or not. If your grandmother is okay with it it should be good enough for you. Stop sulking and whining about your problems on MLP. :laugh2:

Dayum! College made you mean!

:laugh2::laugh2:

Thundergod

Reaction score
Dude, tell them to fuk off. Show them who's boss. Crank your amp and make it a living hell for them. Fukin' old people what do they think, that age gives them some special right?

Really dude, the only thing out of line here is you questioning what someone does/decides for his/her own house.

Ad to that the fact that the person in question is your grandma and she lets you live in her house and it goes from just "out of line" to "200% douche move".

Just sayin'

If it's only until tomorrow, try to make yourself useful and help around all you can, it will make your GM happy and you'll have the luck of having helped others, if this person is a friend of your grandma's sister then she probably is older and doesn't have anyone to care for her, showing her a little care will also make her happy.:thumb:

WhippingPost

Reaction score
Yes, it's completely out of line for you to come onto a public guitar forum and attempt to put down your grandmomma with a line like, "...she can never say no to anyone." Your sense of entitlement (how dare she occupy your room - in somebody else's house - and remove your ability to play electric guitar and force you to *gasp* play acoustic) shows the level of your maturity. Grandmomma helped her sister because that's what family does.

Grow up, kid.

And if you really wanted to play your guitar, it wouldn't matter if it was electric, acoustic, or a guitar shaped piece of plywood with strings of twine.

Thundergod

Reaction score
Kids these days, "one day" is a huge amount of time for them... I see/hear this every day.

They want stuff now and everything is meant to last for a month (shoes, clothes, TV sets, anything).

Sorry but I really think it's selfish as hell. Dude it's just one day until tomorrow... I have spent a couple of weeks without playing even an acoustic because someone in my family was sick, you are whining about a day with only acoustic?

You have too much and need to be taught about priorities.

Torren61

Reaction score
Before you start complaining, wait to see if she turns out to be your Maude and you turn out to be her Harold. You never know.

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
Hang in there Christopher. It'll pass and these guys will forget all about your thread in a few days.
I've talked with you a lot and know you aren't a bad kid.
Now, get in some playing before the guest gets there and like someone else said..... Help grandma with the situation. She'll probably need all the help you can give her.
:dude:

cmh6122

Reaction score
The narcissism of youth in full bloom.
Cannot put a finger on when please and thank you got replaced by mine and fvck you, but think we are much diminished for it.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
The narcissism of youth in full bloom.
Cannot put a finger on when please and thank you got replaced by mine and fvck you, but think we are much diminished for it.

The worst thing is the room isn't even his, it is in his grandmother's house so it is hers to do with what she pleases and yet he still feels put out enough to come on here and moan about it.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
One more reason (in addition to a million others) to have your own place.

What if your grandmother decided to take up accordion - and stayed up all night playing?

In that case, she clearly gets her Grandma's Visa into Heaven revoked.

Latest Threads