Is this Rosewood or Baked Maple?

Guitar_nut

Reaction score
Here is my 2012 Les Paul Classic Plus. Similar to the one you linked except mine came with uncovered pickups.

Here are a couple of close ups of my fingerboard. My fingerboard was oiled about 9 months ago.

BTW - Yes I agree with everyone that this looks like Baked Maple.

rikko

Reaction score
Eye LOVES
ME some
BBQ MAPLE!!!

(Been awhile....)

Reaction score
I have a '12 Studio with a baked maple board. Looks like the OP's more or less. It's a great guitar, I don't understand what the fuss was over regarding the maple fretboards.

bonchie

Reaction score
I have a '12 Studio with a baked maple board. Looks like the OP's more or less. It's a great guitar, I don't understand what the fuss was over regarding the maple fretboards.
I'm no snob about it and would play baked maple just fine.

Only reason I asked is because what I would offer on such a guitar would change if it was baked maple. Not because of my biases, but because of the market's biases. If I'm buying a guitar on the internet, I have to make sure I'm getting it at the best possible price in case it doesn't fit me.

So What

Reaction score
I have a Jr with Baked Maple and it looks very similar to the guitar you posted.

My vote is BM.

JM2112

Reaction score
It was simply a new wood that Gibson had never used before, and it drove the cork sniffers into a frenzy of complete and utter hysteria. :run::hyper::run::hyper::run::hyper::run::hyper:

rikko

Reaction score
O.P.-

Do yourself a favor and GET that piece of BBQ deliciousness!!!

Latest Threads