Is This Possible ?

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I don't know if I even wanted a teacher, I just wanted someone knowledgeable that I could pay them their hourly rate (which I assumed would not be cheap)View attachment 439731View attachment 439731 and they would explain shit to me .. I might want 1 hourly session a month or I might want 10. I figured since I was paying it was up to me ... for example, the two examples below I don't know how to play because I don't know what the x's are .. it just seems confusing when you don't understand it
Just hold you fingers down on the strings to mute them. It gives it that kinda chucka sound, like the start of Back in Black.

freak

Reaction score
Can you use a capo? That'll free things up.

Cheating I know, but....

The_Nuge

Reaction score
Even though I'm not exactly the best player in the world, I can do the 2-7 - but I have big hands :naughty:
I think Johnny played in opnen tuning of soem kind, which might have made things easier, but he was a monster player with big hands too!

redking

Reaction score
been practising a little bit and the 2-6 stretch is getting pretty easy but the 2-7 stretch still feels pretty near impossible .. don't know whether to keep trying for that one or just give up on it .. the Jake E. Lee method looks pretty interesting
Jake can't even do it anymore due to tendonitis. He said in an interview recently that he was disappointed someone hadn't taken this technique and expanded on what he did with it in the 80's and made it their own.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Jake can't even do it anymore due to tendonitis. He said in an interview recently that he was disappointed someone hadn't taken this technique and expanded on what he did with it in the 80's and made it their own.
I think I've seen one other person do it.

I've done it before trying to play stuff that was kind of far apart, but it was when I had first started and I couldn't stretch my fingers as far. I should try it again. Play Eruption without tapping or something.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, got around to getting a pic.
Much easier on the Gibson scale than on the D'Angelico I tried it on the other day... but still feels much, much better up at the 7th fret, and since the E isn't being played during the 2-4/2-5/2-7, there's no reason not to.

This is on the V neck.... As you can see, I could still do a 1-6 stretch, but that's the limit, and on the D'Angelico (or Fender) scale, my pinky is closer to the 6th fret, and would likely not work reliably with higher action.

20200214_205457.jpg

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
What's funny....
I just compared to Jake E Lee's stretch, and thumbing the low note only gives me another 1/2" or so, if that.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
What's funny....
I just compared to Jake E Lee's stretch, and thumbing the low note only gives me another 1/2" or so, if that.
I have to say, I tried doing the 2-7 stretch when OP made the thread and the rhythm of the tab he posted feels more wrong than that far of a stretch. It's got some more groove on it than straight 8th notes.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I tried doing the 2-7 stretch when OP made the thread and the rhythm of the tab he posted feels more wrong than that far of a stretch. It's got some more groove on it than straight 8th notes.
Yep...

Latest Threads