Is this Gibson Les Paul Custom Legit?

Mgurlitz10

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying this Gibson Les Paul custom but im not experienced enough to be certain its a real Les Paul custom. could any of you help me confirm that is either is or isn't real? if it's not could you point out what's wrong with it? It would be a huge help.

Attachments

PierM

Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

Yes, this is a 1993 Les Paul Custom in cherry sunburst. Plastics and knobs aren't original, as they should be black, but guitar it's a legit Gibson.

Mgurlitz10

Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

Yes, this is a 1993 Les Paul Custom in cherry sunburst. Plastics and knobs aren't original, as they should be black, but guitar it's a legit Gibson.
Hi and welcome!

Thanks so much when doing research it seemed the serial number looked a little funky. But since I’m inexperienced I don’t know. So it checks out? It’s not cut too deep?

PierM

Reaction score
There are a multitude of cues to consider in a Gibson, not just the serial (which is fine anyway). This guitar has nothing wrong, apart aftermarket cream plastics.

It is all good.

PierM

Reaction score
M

thank you so much
You're welcome.

Of course we can't tell how good the instrument it is, per se. So there it's up to you to investigate. ;) (ask the seller about fret condition, ask him a pic of the wiring cavity, ask him about pickups etc...all stuff you can't judge from thos pics)

Good luck, and if you buy, don't forget to start a NGD thread here!

Mgurlitz10

Reaction score
You're welcome.

Of course we can't tell how good the instrument it is, per se. So there it's up to you to investigate. ;) (ask the seller about fret condition, ask him a pic of the wiring cavity, ask him about pickups etc...all stuff you can't judge from thos pics)

Good luck, and if you buy, don't forget to start a NGD thread here!
Also do you know the approximate value of this guitar?

moreles

Reaction score
Great comments -- and facts! -- from PierM. You might find a higher asking price than $2500 in some areas, if the guitar really is in the good condition that it appears to be in the pics, and if it plays and sounds good. Of course, the changed plastics are a small (very small) negative; easily remedied. Personally, I really like the look of that guitar. Te coloration is true to the period but not ridiculous or ugly as sometimes happens, and I'm a fan of plaintops now the every company is just slapping ridiculously over-exaggerated flame veneers on everything. That's a real classic guitar. Good luck if you decide to go for it. Seller may have all the original bits.

Latest Threads