Is this Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom Q Chambered?

Veritas0Aequitas

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows if this Gibson 2011 Custom Shop Les Paul Custom Q is chambered?

I've been scouring the internet for info but can't find any. Anyone on the forum know?

Thanks!
Andrew

Veritas0Aequitas

Reaction score
It is 9-hole weight relief like all non historic customs.
I've seen some of these list as chambered. Can you give me some insight into how you know it's 9-hole weight relief?

The guy has it listed at 8lbs which is what makes me suspect it could be chambered. That's why I asked the forum.

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually there's a "C" in the serial number to denote that it's chambered.

Yours has "CS" for Custom Shop. I don't know if Gibson would add another "C" to the serial number to denote chambered on a Custom Shop guitar.

My uneducated guess would be that it isn't chambered, but weight relieved as Searswashere said.

searswashere

Reaction score
I've seen some of these list as chambered. Can you give me some insight into how you know it's 9-hole weight relief?

The guy has it listed at 8lbs which is what makes me suspect it could be chambered. That's why I asked the forum.
I have a 9-hole relief that weighs 10lb. There’s no guarantee of weight if its not sorted. Saw a 2021 lpc at 9lbs or so, also 9-hole.

Given the pickups are the same as a regular lpc and those are 9-hole and there isnt anything denoting historic reissue, it should be 9-hole like all other CS non-historic customs.

Call Gibson with the serial and they can probably verify.

AJK1

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Silverburst and it’s 9 hole
Still feels fairly heavy like a Les Paul
My 60th R9 is way lighter

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will have 9-hole weight relief.

Latest Threads