Is this forum run by TheGearPage?

MagneticTape

Reaction score
It's funny how people from one interest tend to overflow into others. I'm on Steve Hoffman, Audiokarma and a few of the guitar forums listed as well. Actually, I've been on and created hundreds of forums since the 90's and the only one I've ever been banned on is TGP.

NotScott

Reaction score
I started on the FDP. Talk about out of control mods! Those of you who were there know exactly of what I speak. Chris Kinman and I got banned for the same thread. Chris for getting into it with Mike Eldred and John Suhr, me for pointing out the definition of "sycophant". :laugh2: Chris sent me a discounted set of pickups for style points and as a thank you . :thumbs:

I then moved on to the Vintage Amp BBS which was a very cool place, much like this one, and populated by many of my friends. Lots of cool and knowledgeable people there. I was even able to organize a few vintage amp shows through them and meet many more of the members face to face. Good times there! Unfortunately the site had some difficulties and slowly withered away.

About the same time I was active at the VABBS, I joined TGP. One of my buddies was a mod there so I felt comfortable, but he was eventually replaced and when TGP members began to overrun our amp shows and praise all things "boutique" at the expense of anything "old", I lost interest in the site. I still post over there occasionally and there are still many knowledgeable and helpful people there, but the primary interests there are not the same as mine.

I then found that other Les Paul site. I just never felt welcome there since I didn't own an original burst. However, that site lead me here so that was a good thing. I am happy here. It feels like one big family here without any crazy mods, asshats or wannabees looking to score cheap points. :thumbs:

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
I started on the FDP. Talk about out of control mods! Those of you who were there know exactly of what I speak. Chris Kinman and I got banned for the same thread. Chris for getting into it with Mike Eldred and John Suhr, me for pointing out the definition of "sycophant". :laugh2: Chris sent me a discounted set of pickups for style points and as a thank you . :thumbs:

I then moved on to the Vintage Amp BBS which was a very cool place, much like this one, and populated by many of my friends. Lots of cool and knowledgeable people there. I was even able to organize a few vintage amp shows through them and meet many more of the members face to face. Good times there! Unfortunately the site had some difficulties and slowly withered away.

About the same time I was active at the VABBS, I joined TGP. One of my buddies was a mod there so I felt comfortable, but he was eventually replaced and when TGP members began to overrun our amp shows and praise all things "boutique" at the expense of anything "old", I lost interest in the site. I still post over there occasionally and there are still many knowledgeable and helpful people there, but the primary interests there are not the same as mine.

I then found that other Les Paul site. I just never felt welcome there since I didn't own an original burst. However, that site lead me here so that was a good thing. I am happy here. It feels like one big family here without any crazy mods, asshats or wannabees looking to score cheap points. :thumbs:
"It feels like one big family here without any crazy mods, asshats or
wannabees looking to score cheap points."

Oh, they show up alright but don't last long...

Our Mods and some members make sure of that.

We just need to be careful not to in breed. :cool2:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rob DiStefano of Cavalier Pickups? https://www.frettech.com He's still active at TDPRI.

So am I, but I don't post that often there any more.
Yes!!!! It was Rob. Thank you for remembering what I could not!
:applause::applause::applause:

What a great guy. He invited me up to his home; we spent about 4 hours working on my tele and pups.. and then, just hung out, shooting the shit.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So have we figured out if mlp owns tgp or does tgp own mlp?

scott1970

Reaction score
Why do I always get the laughy faces when I mention my knitting? It reminds me of the one time I took my old lifted Rubicon to a knitting club meeting...I was met with cackling and horse laughter. When I drive the Subaru none of the ladies say a word.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss Fidonet

Gary

Reaction score
Why isn’t there a dedicated ES335 forum? Can we have one? Please?

Latest Threads