Is this Craigslist Special legit?

PlainAllman

Reaction score
Hello MLP.

I’ve been lurking here for a bit trying to learn as much as I can. This LP Special popped up on my local Craigslist today for what seems like a too good to be true price. So I’m hoping to draw on the vast knowledge of this community to help me determine if this the real deal. I haven’t quite figured out how to post pictures yet but I’m working on it. The pictures aren’t great and I have emailed the poster asking for more detailed pictures. If they send I’ll post them but here’s whats on the ad so far.
https://imageshack.com/my/images

pete_

Reaction score
Hi there, if you can post the pics in the thread that would be better. That link just goes to the imageshack logo…

PlainAllman

Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t quite figured out how to post pictures in the forum yet. It’s kind of a moot point as far the guitar goes though cause I can’t find the listing anymore. It must’ve sold quick. They never even responded to my email. :mad2::rofl:

sparky2

Reaction score
It's just as well.

Any time a guitar is posted on craigslist for a ridiculously low price, chances are it was a fake or counterfeit one.

:dunno:

Reactions: Who

Lester

Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t quite figured out how to post pictures in the forum yet. It’s kind of a moot point as far the guitar goes though cause I can’t find the listing anymore. It must’ve sold quick. They never even responded to my email. :mad2::rofl:
FWIW, you can just copy/paste images to a post here. If you really want to upload and point to a link, try Imgur. Upload to the "Images" area. Click on the image and copy the "Direct Link". Use the Insert Image feature here and paste in the Direct Link.

PlainAllman

Reaction score
I tried the copy/paste but it tells me the file is too large for the server or something like that. I’ll try imgur. Thanks.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Just paste the link to the Craigslist ad.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Yeah, the latest are these Craigslist ads for a 1970s-era Les Paul Custom for $500. They were being posted everywhere. The ad for it that was in my local area is now down. Evidently the scam is that it is "my sister's guitar and I am selling it for her". So, you need to send him the money, and they will send you the guitar. The idea being, I think, that the price is so attractive that people are willing to part with common sense and send in the money. The same ad was placed all over the country. Obviously, total scam.

Latest Threads