Is this a true anniversary (1894-1994) LP Standard?

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
Hi,

According to the seller this is an anniversary (1894-1994) LP Standard from '94 and one of only 200 made.

But i'm thinking this is just a "regular" LP Standard from '94 with a "anniversary" pickguard.
Other than the pickguard I honestly don't see any difference or anything "anniversary" about it. When I google the anniversary edition I see other knobs, engraved tailpiece, text in 15th fret,...

Anyone have an idea?

$_86 (6).jpg
$_86 (7).jpg
$_86 (9).jpg
$_86 (10).jpg
$_86 (11).jpg
$_86 (12).jpg
$_86 (14).jpg
$_86 (16).jpg

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Then it's a normal Les Paul Standard from 1994, as everything seen in the pictures already suggested.

Unless this guy bought some random stuff from Reverb like the pickguard and cerfiticate, that is probably a fake COA, any idea what it says on there?

Because of the 100th anniversary, in 1994 they started all (or most) serial numbers with 94. He's probably trying to exploit this fact

Last edited:

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
Then it's a normal Les Paul Standard from 1994, as everything seen in the pictures already suggested.

Unless this guy bought some random stuff from Reverb like the pickguard and cerfiticate, that is probably a fake COA, any idea what it says on there?
It just mentions the guitar, serial and store.

$_86 (2).jpg

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
COA looks convincing but I can't find anything online about Gibson doing this run.
Also that is typical Dutch/Belgium schoolboy handwriting, 100% certain not written by Gibson. Maybe a scam done on purpose, maybe an innocent joke by the guitar store. They're still in bussiness I guess so you could contact them and ask if they remember anything about this guitar.

Even if the certificate is real, looks like any other Les Paul standard from 1994. And the color on the rings doesn't match those of the pickguard

strayedstrater

Reaction score
"... one of 200... produced exclusively... for the Belgian market." With the name of a Gibson dealer in Belgium.

It's possible a European distributor ordered a batch with anniversary decals on the pickguards. May have ordered the certificates too, or the distributor may have printed them.

Still not anything special. Just the regular model built during the anniversary year, not a special featured "Anniversary Model".

mikey

Reaction score
Wow. Fakes are getting better, but people are too paranoid.

Looks legit to me. Email Gibson they get back to you fairly fast.

Latest Threads