Is there scams going on here now!!!

bugman

Reaction score
I just got an email from a member and when I check he just joined today I had a post a while ago looking for a Warren Haynes Les Paul and it says Jeff has one send me a phone number and an email I text the guy he sent me a picture of a regular Les Paul not a Warren Haynes then when I tell him it’s wrong he says let me check my collection I haven’t even been on here in a few months

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What’s the member’s name?

teleboli

Reaction score
Yup. The same thing happened to me yesterday with a member who joined 'hours ago' , HHOLAACH, suggesting I contact Jeff and providing his e-mail and phone number. Regarding my looking for a '66 tele.

Total scam.

bugman

Reaction score
5E37B072-E38B-4739-BF30-95DFC6765101.jpeg

bugman

Reaction score
Yup. The same thing happened to me yesterday with a member who joined 'hours ago' , HHOLAACH, suggesting I contact Jeff and providing his e-mail and phone number. Regarding my looking for a '66 tele.

Total scam.
The guy sending me pictures right now, it’s so fake it’s stupid, they don’t even know English,, lol

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Leave the conversation and he won’t be able to contact you or anyone else.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Something read recently that I thought made sense; some scams have a kind of 'filter' built into them: They have silly mistakes that the more wary will pick up on, but the more gullible might not. If someone responds to the scam then it marks them as a (possibly) easier target.

Once they have your contact details they might try other scams too as they've already got you marked as a potentially easy target; I guess that's the idea behind getting your email or phone number in this one.

I used to sneer at the obvious spelling mistakes or general inaccuracies, but now I view them in a slightly different light...they are checking if I'm going to be a tough or easy target. It saves them wasting time on a hard sell. Similar with the pre-recorded phone messages that we sometimes get warning of immediate cut off from some service or a tax issue,etc.

sparky2

Reaction score
Dang.

Jeff emailed me of an opportunity regarding a Tanzanian prince, and millions of dollars they want to send to my bank account.

I am wondering now if I should have sent them my routing number and account information.

:confused:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Now? Where there's smoke, there's fire.

We've had our fair share of scammers over the years, and we're pretty good at spotting (not to mention calling out) the majority of them.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
But he's sending me a 1961 Les Paul GT for $2000!

Latest Threads