Is There a Thread That You Never Want to Read Again ?

b3john

Reaction score
I saw this on this very guitar forum that I am a member of and thought I'd ask a similar question here.

many years ago, I discovered the MLP forum. well, as you can guess, members come and go, and many times the same threads get started by different people. you know, pickguard on/off (off), standard tailpiece/topwrap (standard), heavy/light strings (light), hecube/joesatch (hecube). oh, they're nice threads, usually based on good intentions (and we all know what they say about good intentions)... but the thread I can't stand is the one where some unknown musician starts a thread slagging on other musicians or their songs, just seems to shows a certain lack of respect, and maybe class. this all happened (again) in 2015.

so, what threads(s) do you care not to ever read on MLP again ?

sonar1

Reaction score
I can do without the meltdowns, dust-ups, and flame wars.

Text is a tricky medium, and not everybody in the world seems to get how they come across without facial/body kinesics visible. Unimaginative I guess.

The residents of my ignore file here have largely earned their place by playing the victim charge and turning everything disagreeable back onto others, never suspecting their position is untenable at best, and/or irrational or jejune at worst.

I said - no you said I said... ad nauseum. Sheesh, who needs it?

Edit: ah ****, the premise of THIS thread just went completely over my head. Never mind. Carry on.
Forget my taking it seriously. Duh. :doh:

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
You actually use the ignore feature? Some faceless poster annoys you so much you're compelled to employ forum software to ignore him? (Or her)

-wonder if this post got me added to the list?- :D

Steven

Reaction score
Roughly one quarter to one third of the threads started in the "back stage" area of the MLP forum. Since I haven't given this much thought, I might actually be being generous stating the aforementioned ratios.

DRF

Reaction score
How about threads you looked in on once and never returned but for some reason they are up to like 1 million views and 600 pages but you never look in again.

Davio

Alchemist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The onehippie thread. To read all that and think to be caught up with it would seem like going to somebody else's high school reunion. It belongs to those that were there.

RichBrew

Reaction score
Not so much a thread I never want to read again, more a case of a thread I have never clicked on: Who is Onehippie?

RichBrew

filtersweep

Reaction score
You actually use the ignore feature? Some faceless poster annoys you so much you're compelled to employ forum software to ignore him? (Or her)

-wonder if this post got me added to the list?- :D

I have- elsewhere, when his attacks turned personal...

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I can do without the meltdowns, dust-ups, and flame wars.

Text is a tricky medium, and not everybody in the world seems to get how they come across without facial/body kinesics visible. Unimaginative I guess.

The residents of my ignore file here have largely earned their place by playing the victim charge and turning everything disagreeable back onto others, never suspecting their position is untenable at best, and/or irrational or jejune at worst.

I said - no you said I said... ad nauseum. Sheesh, who needs it?

Edit: ah ****, the premise of THIS thread just went completely over my head. Never mind. Carry on.
Forget my taking it seriously. Duh. :doh:

who is on the list? :naughty:

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
I don't remember any specifically, but there were definitely a couple where I was hammered and wrote something or other even more ridiculous and cringe-worthy than usual.

So What

Reaction score
Any of the political ones.

Not so many these days, thanks to the mods, but there used to be quite a few.

People don't seem to understand that you can't argue someone into submission.

jc2000

Reaction score
The onehippie thread. To read all that and think to be caught up with it would seem like going to somebody else's high school reunion. It belongs to those that were there.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Arzachel

Reaction score
all the dead or dying relative threads, I just find it very odd to post such intimate things to anonymous strangers.

different generation maybe no disrespect intended

Latest Threads