is the usa redefining treason...

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
how is revealing that the government requests data dumps of american citizens personal information.... treason.
The gov't would argue that revealing the data dumps would be aiding the enemy, allowing the enemy to understand the patterns the gov't uses to flag data for closer inspection. Thus the enemy could hide their information in different and theoretically safer patterns of data.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Aside from creating a generation of children who find it normal that the government tracks their every move and no longer questions it, we are also RAISING them to learn dependancy on the system with programs like this...

Schools should embrace free-lunch programs - Editorials - The Boston Globe

I was in Mass last week to see family and this was all over the news. I can't tell you how many parents said it was a "weight of their shoulders" to not have to feed their kids. FEEDING THEIR KIDS WAS A BURDON?!?!

What the crap is wrong with parents nowadays? Have we all become that complacent and apathetic that we will just take whatever they offer and then brush off the intrusions of our constitution rights and freedoms as an even trade off? Not I says MonkeyBoy.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Aside from creating a generation of children who find it normal that the government tracks their every move and no longer questions it, we are also RAISING them to learn dependancy on the system with programs like this...

Schools should embrace free-lunch programs - Editorials - The Boston Globe

I was in Mass last week to see family and this was all over the news. I can't tell you how many parents said it was a "weight of their shoulders" to not have to feed their kids. FEEDING THEIR KIDS WAS A BURDON?!?!

What the crap is wrong with parents nowadays? Have we all become that complacent and apathetic that we will just take whatever they offer and then brush off the intrusions of our constitution rights and freedoms as an even trade off? Not I says MonkeyBoy.

Free lunch programs are so 1994. We're talking breakfast too, bitches!

Generally, it's a wedge issue in the making. Is anyone in their right mind going to run for a position in the local school board or local politics on the platform of cutting free school lunch programs??

Not on your life. The bus just keeps getting shorter.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
overly-attached-NSA-girlfriend.jpeg

nsa-all-your-data.png

Here-s-How-You-Can-Join-the-Mass-Protests-Against-NSA-Spying-No-Matter-Where-You-Live.jpg

tumblr_mo90fa1tIu1qzaos7o1_500.jpg

US_NSA-Listens-Shirtmock_55_55_77.jpg

Treason.jpg

how is revealing that the government requests data dumps of american citizens personal information.... treason.

so what we are saying here is that if obama sends aid to either side of the syrian conflict he could be brought to trial for treason...interesting

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
3 years ago some of the people that routinely bitch about such things considered me and every other person that questioned such things a crackpot--

The People need to take control once again-

This shit has been going on for a good while--All parties have been and are involved--It is becoming a cultural thing, something that is engrained in the psyche of all politicians. They believe keeping an eye on us all is their duty--

Its a messed up world out there right now and until all people from all walks of life come together and demand this shit stop, it wont--

It's far beyond an angrily worded letter demanding things like this stop at this point. The only way for it to happen is for the people to make these things stop and hold those responsible accountable for their policies.

As far as Zuckenberg... He has a stock price to protect, and any public statements have absolutely nothing to do with his company's willing complicity with gov't policies.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Why you sh*tting up Geos thread Farkas? 15 posts and 5 are you taking a sh*t.

Huh?!? When I see the thread yours is only the 7th post in it. Or did it get trimmed by a Mod?

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
It is incredibly hypocritical of Zuckenberg to be talking about this. But I guess he thinks it is alright for his company to do it in its relentless pursuit of advertising money.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The gov't would argue that revealing the data dumps would be aiding the enemy, allowing the enemy to understand the patterns the gov't uses to flag data for closer inspection. Thus the enemy could hide their information in different and theoretically safer patterns of data.

i see the logic, but fail to grasp the relative assigned importance.... treason is a serious charge.... imo, they would first have to prove that what they are doing with these specific requests is effective and necessary, i seriously doubt they could do that.

It is incredibly hypocritical of Zuckenberg to be talking about this. But I guess he thinks it is alright for his company to do it in its relentless pursuit of advertising money.

as most know i'm not a big defender of corporations.... but in this case, people who sign up to use his platform [for free]... understand that he sells the info to advertisers, at least i hope they do.... there are other social media groups to choose from.... now if they all sold their collected info to advertisers, then there would be no freedom of choice available and i would support what you are saying...

i don't know if the majority of social media networks do this or not.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
it's all just a chess game

in (seemingly) unrelated news __ the government is coercing members of various hactivist groups to gather intelligence on foreign countries . and jailing those who don't comply :shock:

( maybe we'll leave that for another time )

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
'Also according to The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald even low-level NSA analysts are allowed to search and listen to the communications of Americans and other people without court approval and supervision. Greenwald said low level Analysts can, via systems like PRISM, "listen to whatever emails they want, whatever telephone calls, browsing histories, Microsoft Word documents. And it’s all done with no need to go to a court, with no need to even get supervisor approval on the part of the analyst."

Glenn Greenwald: Low-Level NSA Analysts Have ‘Powerful and Invasive’ Search Tool - ABC News

nauc

Reaction score
so when is treason, no longer treason, in the eyes of the public? what does a gov have to do before its considered "the enemy" in the eyes of the public, and the concept of treason only aids the gov?

if a gov turns on its people and allies, when does treason become self defense?

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score

The actual wording of Art. III, Sec. 3:

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

If you're going to misquote the Document, first make sure no one in the room has an advanced degree in Constistutional History :cool:

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
'In order to pose as Goggle and fool web users, the NSA used the ‘man in the middle’ (MITM) hack attack, a technique through which the US spy agency circumvents encryption by redirecting users to a copycat site which passes on all the data entered by users to NSA data banks.

The leaked document was among data released by Brazilian TV network Globo News based on classified information provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden, RT reported.

The Brazilian network showed slides from an NSA presentation made in 2012, which demonstrated how the agency intercepts data and re-routes it to NSA headquarters.

MITM hack attack is frequently used by expert hackers since it helps them avoid having to break through encryption while intercepting Internet communications.

Using the technique, NSA operatives can log into a router used by an Internet service provider and divert ‘target traffic’ to a copycat MITM site, where all the data entered is relayed to the NSA.

In June, Google and Microsoft asked a federal court for permission to release statistics about government requests they receive for customer data following Snowden’s revelations about the NSA’s PRISM, a program that accesses information from the two companies and other Internet giants. '

PressTV - NSA posed as Google to spy on web users

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The actual wording of Art. III, Sec. 3:

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

If you're going to misquote the Document, first make sure no one in the room has an advanced degree in Constistutional History :cool:

first, i didn't misquote the document, as i didn't create that graphic...

second, from the language used, it seems pretty apparent that the constitution was paraphrased into today's vernacular... the lack of actual quotation marks in the graphic should have been a strong hint as well.... it is written in the style of an explanation, citing the constitution in its text.

i sometimes assume, and give the benefit of the doubt, that people are smart enough to pick up on these things, without the benefit of a degree in constitutional history. :)

hecube

Reaction score
'In order to pose as Goggle and fool web users, the NSA used the ‘man in the middle’ (MITM) hack attack, a technique through which the US spy agency circumvents encryption by redirecting users to a copycat site which passes on all the data entered by users to NSA data banks.

The leaked document was among data released by Brazilian TV network Globo News based on classified information provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden, RT reported.

The Brazilian network showed slides from an NSA presentation made in 2012, which demonstrated how the agency intercepts data and re-routes it to NSA headquarters.

MITM hack attack is frequently used by expert hackers since it helps them avoid having to break through encryption while intercepting Internet communications.

Using the technique, NSA operatives can log into a router used by an Internet service provider and divert ‘target traffic’ to a copycat MITM site, where all the data entered is relayed to the NSA.

In June, Google and Microsoft asked a federal court for permission to release statistics about government requests they receive for customer data following Snowden’s revelations about the NSA’s PRISM, a program that accesses information from the two companies and other Internet giants. '

PressTV - NSA posed as Google to spy on web users

Are we sure we're still on MLP right now?

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
as most know i'm not a big defender of corporations.... but in this case, people who sign up to use his platform [for free]... understand that he sells the info to advertisers, at least i hope they do

Facebook constantly changes their privacy policies and what info is collected and shared but they very very rarely announce these changes until someone stumbles upon them and then the news hits the media. Once that happens, Facebook comes out with some PR crap about making it easier to share things and connect with others but rarely, if ever, addresses the privacy issue. Hell, Facebook allows your friends to give them access to your information without your knowledge or consent. Just look at the criteria for using an app or playing a game on Facebook - you must agree that they have access to your info, your pictures, your friend's info, their pictures, etc. Why the fvck do they need access to your friend's picture just so that you can play some stupid game? So that person you haven't seen since high school but are Facebook friends with can start playing some idiotic game on Facebook and, in order to do so, gives them access to your info.

So yes, people should be aware that info is taken and shared (sold actually) but they should be bound by the policies in place when they signed up (ie. that they consented to), they should not be bound by Facebook's increasingly invasive policies that change regularly and to which they did not give informed consent. And they most certainly should not be allowed to have other people provide consent for you.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
They have the power to break the strongest encryption, but still suck as much as everyone else at powerpoint.

Latest Threads