Is Paul Simon an a-hole?

rabidhamster

Reaction score
AS great as they sound, you see those two ************s sitting on a stool together and strumming an acoustic guitar and looking like that, you think to yourself. "I bet one of those guys is a real SOB.....If I'd grown up with them, I wonder who's ass I would've wanted to kick..."

I love their music and have no reason to think either of them would be a douche other than how could they not be?!! Its basically inevitable. Its a band with TWO LEAD SINGERS

I'd like to hang out with either. Maybe even both. I'm not saying I believe they did it, but sometimes being bullied by someone great at what they do is useful.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I saw Paul at a LA party and I can tell you for certain he did not keep Kosher. He couldn't pass the Honey Baked Ham.

dennis g

Reaction score
The line between "pr*ck" and "telling it like is" often fine, yet blurry.

As Carlin once said "People appreciate your candor; unless you're honest with them, then you're an a$$hole".

Bluesky

Reaction score
I met BB KING once in Atlantic City. I dont remember ever shaking the hand of a nicer person. He made me feel like he was more happy to meet me and shake my hand that I was him. He was so thankful that we love his music and give him the opportunity to play.

Others.......not so much. :shock:

DavGrape

Southeast
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Paul's royalty checks got lots o'zeroes.
He don' care what people think.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I played a weekend dinner theater gig with Ray Charles when I was in college. (Many road artists use local talent to fill in their band.) He couldn't keep a straight beat, left out entire refrains, forgot lyrics, then complained out loud that we couldn't keep up with him. He was the worst A-hole I ever played with.

Knowing a fellow who did the very same, gave the same conclusion. Same experience with Charles.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Never liked their 60's hippie Schtick, never will. Them and Jim Croce and Don McLaine can take a long peer off short walk.

Who the hell is "Don McLaine"?

Is that like the long, lost Irish brother of Frankie Laine?

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I kind of figure both Paul and Art have big ego problems. Which doesn't surprise.

Nor does it surprise me about what Nicky said about Ray Charles.

wavemagnet

Reaction score
Never liked their 60's hippie Schtick, never will. Them and Jim Croce and Don McLaine can take a long peer off short walk.

I don't know about Don 'McLaine', but Jim Croce was a hell of a talent. Unlike Simon and Mclean, he died way too soon. Another unfortunate victim of those damned chartered aircraft back in the day. I still enjoy listening to him when I want to reminisce about days gone by.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still listen to Jim Croce.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
If i had dealt with hordes of leeches and hangers-on for decades, I'm thinking there would be more than a few people who considered me to be an a$$#ol€.

And I'd hope i didn't care.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Simon....I don't care one way or the other. But listen to yourselves....is this a conversation worthy of grown men?

Latest Threads