Is my R9 chambered ?

R994

Reaction score
Dear all,

I would like to know if my r9 is chambered. It was made in 2001 8.3-8.5 pounds.

regards

m Adytta Amin

ARandall

Reaction score
R9's by definition have no weight relief.

Additionally that weight is right in the middle of the most expected range for a solid guitar with the select mahogany used for reissues.

R994

Reaction score
Thank you for ur help. First r9 therefore I was surprised by the weight.

ARandall

Reaction score
I'm assuming due to light weight, not heavy.

I can only assume you've not delved too deeply into the ins and outs of the vintage guitars these are based on. 8.5-9lbs is the typical weight of such a guitar and the reissues (specifically the R9 and R0) have body blanks chosen in order to hit the target weight of approx. 8.5lbs.
There is some variation of course, but there was no such selection back in the day....hence the average and individual examples varied much more.

R994

Reaction score
Thanks alot. What do u think about top wraps?

R994

Reaction score
RIP Van halen.

I am thinking of changing. U reckon i can do it myself or let a luthier do it?

musicmaniac

Reaction score
You can do it yourself just do a search! Also, we have a Historic & Reissue forum for your R9.

madh4ttr

Reaction score
RIP Van halen.

I am thinking of changing. U reckon i can do it myself or let a luthier do it?
you can do it yourself, if you are comfortable changing your own strings. if you do, cut the balls off the strings you take off and slip them on the ongoing strings you want to put on top wrapping. this will help keep the winding part at the bottom hidden. you what they say, once you top wrap you'll never go back, hahahhaahhaah.

R994

Reaction score
I'm assuming due to light weight, not heavy.

I can only assume you've not delved too deeply into the ins and outs of the vintage guitars these are based on. 8.5-9lbs is the typical weight of such a guitar and the reissues (specifically the R9 and R0) have body blanks chosen in order to hit the target weight of approx. 8.5lbs.
There is some variation of course, but there was no such selection back in the day....hence the average and individual examples varied much more.
my 2001 les paul 8.3 lbs is that an acceptable weight

Latest Threads