Is mlp too heavily moderated at times? Website feedback in public poll, not private.

Is MLP too heavily moderated?

• Total voters

guitar_randy

Reaction score
Needs fair ,consistant moderation. All posts should be treated the same whether posted by friend,foe,premium member,vip member,5 post member,4,532 post member

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I posted a thread earlier today that I noticed is gone. I posted it because I thought the subject of the thread was an idiot and that the issue was kind of funny but, upon realizing it had been deleted, I realized that the thread could've opened up a whole can of worms that is best left unopened. I think whichever mod deleted it was right to do so.

So, moderation here is just fine. The mods pretty much let us get on with things and, when they do step in, it is for a good reason. If you go so far as to get yourself banned (even temporarily) you most probably deserved it and, far more likely, had deserved it several times before it actually happened.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is not saying anything about the mods! But my signature went un-noticed for two years, and it had a "business venture link" in it always, so it's a safe bet we need more mods.

Benjammin

Reaction score
Your fans? enlighten me?

he has alot of fans

electric-fans-big.jpg

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i personally think that the mods are doing an ok job. at the end of the day they are human beings and not machines. sure there have been mistakes, but that is the nature of these types of places. no one is perfect. a new mod or two to help out? possibly a good idea. maybe a mod that is not in the USA that can be on at times when the stateside mods need there own time. all in all, the mods are doing a fine job. we should be policing ourselves a little bit as well.

Benjammin

Reaction score
maybe a mod that is not in the USA that can be on at times when the stateside mods need there own time.

I like that idea, theres sort of a blackout period late night/early morning here where alot of spam and trolling happens, not that its urgent, but if someone were around to clean it up, ehhh :thumb:

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i personally think that the mods are doing an ok job. at the end of the day they are human beings and not machines. sure there have been mistakes, but that is the nature of these types of places. no one is perfect. a new mod or two to help out? possibly a good idea. maybe a mod that is not in the USA that can be on at times when the stateside mods need there own time. all in all, the mods are doing a fine job. we should be policing ourselves a little bit as well.

Amen. :thumb:

Reaction score

I agree man. :thumb: :thumb: I think mods do a great job at communicating in PMs as well if you have an issue. :D

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think this site needs an extra Admin actually. Alex obviously doesn't have the time to deal with all admin issues, which contributes to problems on this forum. Whether it is a technical issue, account issue, complaint, site issue..or dealing with the many Pm's, emails, visitor messages that he receives and to which many of those don't get responded to or dealt with.

I do think we need more moderators on the forum too, but no matter how many there are, there will always be people unhappy.

mobprop667

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if they ever do look for another mod, i would be happy to help. i have been here for a while, most people know me, and i am 5 hours ahead of the USA in ireland. i know it is a thankless job, but i love this place, dont plan on going anywhere, and i enjoy helping people out. i am here at least an hour a day, and check in by my iphone at least 3 times a day. sorry, i am not campaigning, just volunteering to help in any way.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A Brit was offered the job as Mod before but unfortunately he turned it down :(
I hope if the chance came up again, he would reconsider :)

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Reaction score
if they ever do look for another mod, i would be happy to help. i have been here for a while, most people know me, and i am 5 hours ahead of the USA in ireland. i know it is a thankless job, but i love this place, dont plan on going anywhere, and i enjoy helping people out. i am here at least an hour a day, and check in by my iphone at least 3 times a day. sorry, i am not campaigning, just volunteering to help in any way.
Thanks for offering your help. You'll get a PM from me shortly. :)

Reaction score

If you do, you could become my like, Dad who tells me off for being overly critical or rude :laugh2: :thumb: :wow:

Latest Threads