Is mlp too heavily moderated at times? Website feedback in public poll, not private.

Is MLP too heavily moderated?

• Total voters

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
This isn't to say the moderators don't do a good job, I'm just curious on some feedback from the community. I try to enjoy myself here but posting a picture with a swear word (not even offensive) gets a warning/locked thread/banning.

Simple arguments get threads locked. Good arguments too. Sometimes arguments go too far and SHOULD be locked.

I'm talking about what content is allowed and what's not, not a persons specific behavior. I do feel as well people should be banned if they are nothing but trolls.

For my contribution, I would say we need to tone down the moderation a notch. I consider this more of an adult board than anything else, so having pictures moderated out because of a simple swear word, or people being banned (true story) for posting a video with some swears is a bit over-protective imo. I've seen paying premium members banned for telling Drew to kick rocks.

This thread may be deleted. Oh well if so. I may get banned in the process, but I don't see anything wrong with getting some opinions of the every day posters here. Nobody is trying to tell anybody how to do their job, this is just some constructive feedback.

Sorry I left out an "it's perfect" option - seems like it won't let me edit one in. Feel free to discuss.

Reactions: V!N

Blues4U

Reaction score
I guess you should ask the owner and the moderators he hired to do the job----

If we don't like the way it is, we vote with our feet--Simple concept actually--

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
If we don't like the way it is, we vote with our feet--Simple concept actually--
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of constructive criticism from the users who actually make this board what it is. It's a simple concept really. Nothing is saying a simple poll should change the rules. It's just some simple feedback.

Everything in life does not have to be "if you don't like it, leave".

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I guess you should ask the owner and the moderators he hired to do the job----

This.

We're all guests here. And free to come and go as we please...as long as the rules are followed.

Wickedlester

Reaction score
Why are you warned for swear words? On the front forum page they have had a picture of Slash with a shirt that reads "fuck you very much"!

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
My vote: I think moderation is just fine.

I've been contacted by a mod just once in the time I've been here and it was a fair call.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
You left out two vote options, one for rats ass and the second for moderated just enough. Since the later was not included I had to vote for the last option.

2. We do not allow any posts that contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images; bigoted, hateful or racially/sexually offensive statements; has content that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them; unauthorized copyrighted material; language that defames, abuses or threatens others; advertising or any form of commercial solicitation and/or material that does not pertain to the room's given topic.

That's how you get a warning for swearing on this forum.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
My vote: I think moderation is just fine.

I've been contacted by a mod just once in the time I've been here and it was a fair call.

Same here. I got one warning but I respect the decision and the mod who had to do it.

JMV

Reaction score
The moderation is perfectly fine. Threads worth anything do not get locked and worthwhile posters typically do not get banned.

Of course there are always exceptions, but it's fine the way it is.

duane v

Reaction score
I always feel there should be a visible policing on any forum. I find forums that are not moderated to be very unattractive.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Anyone here ever get those "Moses boogers"?

You know...the ones that are huge, crusty and dry because you feel like you've been wandering the desert for Lord knows how long...

Jeezus! *goes to blow nose....hahahahaha*

zplapplap

Reaction score
The moderation is perfectly fine. Threads worth anything do not get locked and worthwhile posters typically do not get banned.

Of course there are always exceptions, but it's fine the way it is.

This represents my view. One that isn't represented in either of the two poll answers.

JMV

Reaction score
This represents my view. One that isn't represented in either of the two poll answers.

Yeah, but we shouldn't have posted in this thread because we didn't vote. :laugh2:

Blues4U

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a new pole that asks-Should Vasek, Zplap and B4U be banned for not voting in the MLP mad pole?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Can't vote, because...

It's just fine - like it is !
:applause::applause::applause:

Latest Threads