Is Jimmy Page a thief?

JJ Blair

Reaction score
I was very upset when my friend sold the very rare Hohner Pianet-Clavinet I gave her to pay the rent. I can only imagine how Joe felt about that Flying V!

retrobob

Reaction score
According to Jimmy Page, Joe Walsh is a guitar pusher.
Once Jimmy had that Les paul, Joe knew he would be hooked!

sonsofthedesert

Reaction score
By all accounts, Jimmy Page was an asshole back in the day, so it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.
:hmm:

Apparently a lot of assholes in the music biz back in the 70s, promoters, record company types, lawyers etc.
You would have needed to be to survive?:hmm:
Ask Mick Jagger:laugh2:

By all accounts Paul Kossoff was a hopeless junkie back in the day, but it doesnt affect
what a great musician he was, and i stress musician over guitar player, or guitar solo fixations:naughty:

sonsofthedesert

Reaction score
Many dismiss the guy as a great musician but Prince is a monster guitar player...prolly the best today.

How is he the best today?:hmm:
Who says so?
Other guitarists,No..:naughty:
Jeff beck can do with 3 notes what the bloody narcisist er .. Prince needs 15 notes for in feel alone:laugh2: and Jeff is 70:laugh2:
i did like his purple gear though, Prince that is NOT Jeff.

Truth011

Reaction score
Well said! I can't understand how people on THIS forum bash Page...

We are lucky to still have him around. Keith Richards had nothing on
Jimmy as far as drug use in the 70's.

As for Prince vs. Page on guitar. That's like me saying I could beat up
Mohammad Ali in his current state ..... YMMV:hmm:

Jimmi

Reaction score
It is well documented that Page bought the guitar from Joe. Separate interviews both confirm, the only disagreement is the price. The both used a lot of drugs so I will give them a pass for not remembering that correctly.

Second, Prince is a great musician but did not and could not sustain the type of creativity that Page had during Zep, so the nod goes to him on that alone. Add to that, much of what Prince has used in song writing, his guitar playing and production Page ushered into existence so hard to see Prince doing what he does without Page coming first.

Truth011

Reaction score
Just to clarify what I said. I think Prince is a good guitar player but I don't think
he would make the top 10 of many all time great guitarist lists. Page would easily
rate top 10 in any list IMO.

Otto tune

Reaction score
Come on!
Joe Walsh doesn't remember the 80's, let alone a guitar.

Flogger59

Reaction score
It is well documented that Page bought the guitar from Joe. Separate interviews both confirm, the only disagreement is the price. The both used a lot of drugs so I will give them a pass for not remembering that correctly.

Second, Prince is a great musician but did not and could not sustain the type of creativity that Page had during Zep, so the nod goes to him on that alone. Add to that, much of what Prince has used in song writing, his guitar playing and production Page ushered into existence so hard to see Prince doing what he does without Page coming first.

It,s complicated by the fact that there were travelling expenses involved, total transaction was $1200 IIRC.

Jimmi

Reaction score
It,s complicated by the fact that there were travelling expenses involved, total transaction was $1200 IIRC.

There was an account in an article that was partially used for the Gibson website where Page said it was $5000. Another one from Walsh was a different third different price.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Once Joe Walsh lost his license and quit driving, it would've been hard to find Jimmy Page to get his money, when he couldn't find the door.

xSinner13x

Reaction score

sonsofthedesert

Reaction score

yeti

Reaction score
How is this scurrilous type of comment relevant to "Vintage Les Pauls" in any way?:shock:

regarding the OP's question I'd say it goes to character, your honor.:D

But I wouldn't drag Pete into this, totally different story AFAIK

sonsofthedesert

Reaction score
regarding the OP's question I'd say it goes to character, your honor.:D

But I wouldn't drag Pete into this, totally different story AFAIK

This is irrelevant to the tone of this thread as the o.p's question was regarding speculation about the transaction or sale of the Les paul in question.:hmm:

Some other comments are this:

Ad hominem
"An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence."
Person A: I think we should spend more money on environmental protection.
Person B: You just think that because you’re a stupid tree-hugger.

Person A: It is crucial that we facilitate adequate means to prevent degradation that would jeopardize the project.
Person B: You think that just because you use big words makes you sound smart? Shut up you loser; you don't know what you're talking about.

"Whilst in an arguement, to avoid the point (thus a cop-out) and to insult the person arguing. Often because the person who results to the insults has no logical/intelligent point, thus they break down to immaturity."

I think paparaza type forums are more relevant for the personal speculators.:hmm:

yeti

Reaction score
This is irrelevant to the tone of this thread as the o.p's question was regarding speculation about the transaction or sale of the Les paul in question.:hmm:

Years and years of watching Perry Mason, Matlock and other educational programs have taught me that the character of the defendant is a valid point of interest for a jury.

Latest Threads