Is Jimmy Page a thief?

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
By all accounts, Jimmy Page was an asshole back in the day, so it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

DimeSizeDrop

Reaction score
Legends of Classic Rock's Jeff Woods sits down with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page as he tells the story of how Joe Walsh made him a Les Paul believer.

http://youtu.be/gD3wUIOdD_4

This is the first chance we’ve had to let you tell our readers the story about how you sold Jimmy Page his number one guitar, the ’59 Les Paul Standard.
Well, when Led Zeppelin’s first album came out and was just starting to get airplay, Jimmy was really known predominately for the Yardbirds. But when Led Zeppelin came over to tour, the James Gang opened for them on five or six shows. It was a kind of a hard sell because the only thing anybody knew was the Yardbirds, and that Jimmy now had a new band. I got to know him better during those shows, and he told me he was kind of tired of playing Telecasters and stuff, and was looking for a Les Paul. In those days, Les Pauls weren’t god awful expensive, they were just kind of hard to find. You had to go into the basements of music stores and pawn shops. I happened to have two, and one I liked better than the other, so I kept my best one and gave him the other, which had a slightly smaller neck.

What did you get for it?
I don’t know, 1,500 bucks or something, and I had to fly to New York with it to give it to him, so that was kind of expensive. Anyway, he liked it a lot, and it became, I guess, the one he played on a lot of Led Zeppelin’s music. His number one.

Turns out it was a good idea to get him one (laughs)!

http://www.vintageguitar.com/13423/joe-walsh/

Bravo4

Reaction score
I don't care how he got it. Without Led Zeppelin II, I would still be listening to Prince, and that is a thought too horrible to bear.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I don't care how he got it. Without Led Zeppelin II, I would still be listening to Prince, and that is a thought too horrible to bare.

When it comes to lead guitar, I'll take Prince over Jimmy Page everyday. Not even joking.

allo

Reaction score
Is jimmy page a thief ?hahahahahahahaha .......... I havent even read this thread but , this is the best titled thread of 2015 hahahahahaah:laugh2:

allo

Reaction score
Ps ..... I think maybe we should all get a life :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

cristi tanasescu

Reaction score
thief or not, he's the guy who created communication breakdown , which is a masterpiece..

DADGAD

Reaction score
Many dismiss the guy as a great musician but Prince is a monster guitar player...prolly the best today.

Prince is great but would get trampled under foot by Joe B. It would be a Heart breaker.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
still friends though...

JoeWalshJimmyPage10-12.jpg

Backstage after Joe;s show at the Iridum - 2012

Mrgreggb

Banned
Reaction score
If it's true, Joe should have put on his big boy pants and got his guitar back.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
talven, thank you for resurrecting this thread 4yrs later, or else I would never have seen this gem post-

As if, all of you dedicated Jimmy Page fans don't know the real story behind his number 1 Les Paul? Jimmy attended a party at where he was speaking to Joe Walsh, who told Jimmy, go into my basement, and look in the spare room. In the trunk beside the chair, theres a nice guitar I think you should look at. Jimmy wandered off into the depths of the basement, and as he walked down the stairs, the door locked behind him, and the lights went off.

He heard a loud booming laugh, followed by a flash of light, and a great heat. Jimmy noticed a dim green and orange glow shimmering from one the rooms. He noticed it was the spare room Joe was talking about. He proceeded to enter the room, and a wall of flames seperated him from the main room. He opened the trunk, and was immediately sucked into the depths of it. He fell for what seemed like ages, through a long hole, with songs unheard of, singing about stairways to heaven, and riffs that could crush any man who weaker than the subject rapidly descending through the fires of a new dimension.

Jimmy landed with a bang, and saw he was on a stage, which was seperated by a large blank space, from another stage, then another. He looked up and saw a magical Les Paul floating right in front of him, along with a Stratocaster, and an SG. Out of pure awe, he snatched the Les Paul, and strummed the most powerful and smooth A chord to ever be strummed. Just then, he heard a sound of a man walking beside him, and looked to see a black man wearing a leather coat and a large black top hat. He unleashed a kinda fast, trebly blues lick that was standard for most musicians who have ever been in a band.

Jimmy countered this lick, with just one note. The pure soul of this one note, immediately set fire to the evil demon who had challenged Jimmy. He was reduced to a pile of heroin and ashes, with just the black top hat remaining. Jimmy advanced to the next stages, defeating a grown man in a too-small schoolboy outfit, and a drama-queen who wore more mascara than most women, who called himself Dave Navarro.

He advanced to the next stage, and found a fat ManBearPig wearing Aviators. He introduced himself as Yngwie Malmsteen. Jimmy told him to move. Manbearpig did not budge an inch. Jimmy dumped a glass of water on him, and the Disgusting creature screeched in an unholy snarl, which was made humorous by a swedish accent. He screamed you have unleashed the F**king FURY MAN!!!

Jimmy told the creature to just shut up, and he was reduced to nothing. Jimmy stared in awe, as the enviroment changed to yet another stage, with iceburgs, so cold, it froze the Jack Daniels in Jimmys backpack solid. A crack appeared in the ice, and a giant red creature appeared. It was Satan. He played a Gibson Flying V, using a dragons tooth as a pick, and human bone for a whammy bar. The ice hissed and melted under every step from his iron clad hooves.

He challenged Jimmy to a duel, and Jimmy accepted. Unfortunately, I cannot write the rest of the battle, due to the fact that if I did, the world would blow up. At the end of this battle, Jimmy and the Devil shook hands, shared a shot, and said their goodbyes. Jimmy handed the Guitar to the Devil, but the Devil refused and laughed, and said its better in your hands than mine.

Jimmy returned to Joes party in one blink, and the rest is history.

Emerald

Reaction score
I know that Joe was annoyed with Pete Townshend after Pete sold a rare Gretsch for a sailboat. Joe had gifted him with the guitar. Might have been a White Falcon, not sure.
Emerald

JJ Blair

Reaction score
I know that Joe was annoyed with Pete Townshend after Pete sold a rare Gretsch for a sailboat. Joe had gifted him with the guitar. Might have been a White Falcon, not sure.
Emerald

No. Pete sold a D'Angelico New Yorker and a '58 Flying V, the latter of the two was gifted by Joe, to buy the boat. Joe also gifted him the '59 6120 which was used extensively on Who's Next.

Latest Threads