Is it possible to rip your guts to smithereens

Meatwad

Reaction score
I tried part of a ghost pepper once.
I love the hot stuff...but that was just stupid.:mad2:
meatwad-albums-97-american-standard-strat-picture73514-a.jpg

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The Carolina Reaper (what a great name for a hot pepper) is (or was) the world's hottest coming in at 1.5 million on the Scoville (just looking at it makes me clench a little).

02794-02.jpeg

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
The Carolina Reaper (what a great name for a hot pepper) is (or was) the world's hottest coming in at 1.5 million on the Scoville (just looking at it makes me clench a little).

02794-02.jpeg

I don't even want to touch my screen now.

BrianB

Reaction score
Sriracha mixes well with mayo, for things like chicken salad or tuna salad (mayo, sriracha, black pepper, celery salt, diced egg, and either chicken or tuna on white bread - sometimes add almonds with chicken).

Or...you can just buy this;

Mayo.jpg

Love this stuff.... :thumb:

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a few fresh jalapenos for me.

Especially fresh from the garden.
20140605_182720_Richtone%252528HDR%252529.jpg

I don't need nuthin' much hotter than that.

And ... to answer the OP ... capsaicin does not cause ulcers, but it could irritate them.

And... if you eat hot foods regularly then there is no "after effect". However, I bet one of them ghost chilis would do it for me ... way too hot for me.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
:laugh2:

when you're squirting battery acid and it hurts so bad your butt clenches shut and you have to release the evil in stages! :laugh2:

Ring-Sting,..that's good,...I'm gonna remember that one. :laugh2:

Woke up with a burning ass this morning. I asked my mate if he knew what it was. He just said "ring sting". Not sure why he'd know...

BACzero

Reaction score
Your stomach is full of hydrochloric acid... which is strong enough to eat through metal. A little capsaicin isn't going to phase the health of your digestive system. It can, however... as others have pointed out... create a surprising amount of discomfort.

Just for the record, there are two interesting things to know about capsaicin (or at least interesting to me). :p First, once it binds to a receptor, it won't let go. The 'heat' you feel from hot peppers has to burn out. It can't be washed off, diluted, or disabled. Any capsaicin that hasn't yet bound with receptors can be dealt with, but once it binds... it binds. Second... capsaicin just happens to also bind with proteins in dairy. Drinking milk or eating ice cream or yogurt after spicy food can limit the amount of 'unbound' capsaicin that makes it through your system, possibly limiting the amount of "ring sting" you experience later. ;)

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Spicy foods have never bothered my stomach. I don't even really get the ring-sting effect, either...unless I have some volcanic vindaloo...:laugh2:

Out here, it's fondly referred to as: The "Hot Snakes". :naughty:
And are to be expected if your California Burrito was worth a sh*t.. Oh, the puns!! JA!JA!JA!

8O4t8r9.gif

LP Traditional

Reaction score
I think this thread calls for this youtube video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJrt6qzonec[/ame]

foxtrot

Reaction score
I put sriracha or tabasco on just about anything. I put it straight onto tortilla chips. I put jalapenos, cherry peppers, chili peppers, banana peppers, etc on sandwiches, burgers, salads, pizza, etc.

For whatever reason, I decided to try out Sriracha on sea salt ruffles some months back and liked it a lot!

23881832880_34acf31317_z.jpg

I like peppers a lot too, but don't know about trying anything insanely hot. Using some serranos or habaneros in salsa or chili and stuff like that is good, but I don't think I'd want to mess around with anything much hotter! I ate a whole serrano once and that was intense enough for me :shock:. That ghost pepper video is insane :wow:

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Woke up with a burning ass this morning. I asked my mate if he knew what it was. He just said "ring sting". Not sure why he'd know...

Psh. You only have to be old enough to know the name Johnny Cash, on your own self.

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
Aren't chillies full of Vitamin B, hence the fact many people enjoy them despite the heat?

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I decided to try out Sriracha on sea salt ruffles some months back and liked it a lot!

I've been doing some canned tuna on corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and Sriracha on them ... lots of Sriracha. It was a sorta the last thing in the cabinet lunch one day.

I've done a few more times now. They are pretty damned good. :dude:

roeg

Reaction score
Recently it has also been found that capsaicin is able to kill prostate cancer cells. In the study, the tumors that were treated with capsaicin ended up shrinking to about 1/5 the size of the tumors that were not in the control group. Capsaicin also has been shown to inhibit the growth of Leukemic cells. In yet another study, it has been shown to be effective in triggering Apoptosis in lung cancer cells, which is the process of programmed cell death.

Amazing.I'll wager intra arterial injection,directly in the tumor's blood supply,would be the way to go,if this pans out.

martin H

Reaction score
It won't hurt your stomach. It's tough.

Your sphincter on the way out is another matter.

Latest Threads